CUNY Lehman College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY Lehman College

Cindy

Lehman College has a beautiful campus. Like any college, Lehman college may have their flaws like long lines in financial aid or any office in the Shuster hall, but professors in Lehman are very nice. They are willing to help you when you need it. I must say I really love this college.

Mayra

Cuny Lehman College has been the best decision for me as a school. The campus is big, well-kept, and there are a ton of different ways of transportation to get here. There is also a student parking lot, which is a plus if you drive. The education quality is great, There are so many knowledgeable professors as well as students. There are so many clubs and organizations here to help you in any and every way possible. If you are having personal or academic troubles, there's always someone at Lehman that will go out of their way to help you out. Lehman is also a commuting school, so everyone is always on the run. This is where things might get difficult, but students and staff understand what it's like to have to go to work, then school, then pick up your kids, feed your dog, then go back to class. The English Department is awesome! I have met the best professors and peers being an English Literature major. There are so many opportunities here, you just have to find the time and talk to the right people. I just received a letter from the English Department's English Honors Program inviting me to join, due to my academic achievement in my English courses. It may not seem like a big deal, but coming from a low income immigrant family, I am proud to be qualified to join the EHP. I am also interning at a national early education organization called Jumpstart. I am a team leader at a Daycare Center in East Bronx and work with low income children in order to improve and help children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for when they start kindergarten. I am so thankful that Lehman provides students with opportunities like Jumpstart because I have benefited and learned so much from the program. My site manager at Jumpstart, Emmanuel, is also a great mentor and I admire his work. Lehman may be a commuting school, but the education quality and opportunities are here. I've always thought that you can make something big out of something small, and Lehman has given me that opportunity. Here's to a bright future and accomplished goals.

Raquel

When applying to colleges it was the last place I thought I would end up at and never could have imagined how great it is. The campus is beautiful and the campus life fits me just right, lots of work but hey! Thats what college is about!

Bintou

okay school

Tashana

CUNY Lehman College is one of the best schools in the city. There are a variety of clubs and programs that students can get involved in. I mean there is everything for anybody. The food is great and the environment is always clean. The advisers do a very good job at helping students when trying to decide what they want to do. I must say the library is my favorite place, I like how accessible it is, I mean I'm in the library 6 days a week. Over all Lehman is a great school.

Chantia

I think Lehman College offers a great experience to all students from all backgrounds. The student body is very diverse and there are plenty of great professors on campus. Since it is a commuter college, most people go to class and go home and there is only one off campus housing area.

Leonelly

Lehman College is a great school with many opportunities and has a lot of activities to help students get involved. Students are able to interact in an open and safe environment while also experiencing new things and getting the 'college experience', which is something I appreciate.

Patricia

Lehman College is a really good school, I feel like I am getting the most out of my education and the professors are extremely helpful. They make sure you are learning and try to help in any way possible if any student is having issues. I definitely plan to go back for my graduate degree.

CUNY Lehman College is honestly a good college. Its perfect if you still want to stay at home but, still want that adult freedom. Commuting to Lehman College is not far at all, well depending on where you reside. The food at Lehman is honestly really good, just watch or budget how much you spend daily. There's so many stores and shops all around Lehman College around Bedford, you're basically near every deli or supermarket. There's also a range of activities, clubs and sports to join and stay involved with the school spirit.

Jennesy

Lehman college is a great college. There are many clubs and organizations. The President of the college is very involved and invested in the college and the students. He is very outspoken on current economical and political issues and how to assist students affected by them. The students on campus are very nice and helpful. The professors are great and are willing to meet with you to help you understand concepts you missed or don’t understand. As a science major, I am lucky to have great science professors and the resources necessary to help me explore my interest in the science. I am also in the STEM club on campus which is a fantastic organization that keeps me on track. Overall, my college is great and I am happy to be a student here.

Its a great school with a lot of culture. Wonderful to get an education at in NYC for not a large price tag. The campus is quite beautiful and very close to a lot of great places like the Bronx zoo and the botanical gardens. Fordam isnt too far away either but Lehman is a better college.

Ann

My overall opinion of Lehman is that its a great school for smaller classrooms and one on one learning. If you want to experience the campus life and all. I don't think this school is the best one because the activities are very basic such as concerts and going to clubs. I feel like there could be more on campus activities such as dance groups, game nights and more.

Paige

Doing a great job in providing a state education to underprivileged students. Provides motivation, resources and platforms for political involvement and advocacy. Each department is enthusiastic in it’s own right. The college is eager to improve facilities and graduate programs are highly competitive. It is the strongest income growth pre and post education in a low income area. I am proud to have attended.

Jazmin

It's a great school! Lehman College offers some many useful services for the students. There's a lot of clubs that you could choose from. However, I think some buildings should be renovate. In additional, the menu of the cafeteria should be change least few times over the semesters. Plus, some staff looks something like they don't like their job and they would treat you poorly. It takes a lot of time to process things.

Seermatie

Lehman College is a good school. Class sizes are not that bad, but it's easy to feel lost when you get into a bigger class. Some professors are very involved in your academic journey while others are not. The nice thing about Lehman is the variety of classes that are offered and the unique mixture of different people. There are also a lot of resources available for students, you just have to know be open and involved.

Dana

Lehman college is a great school to broaden your abilities and to figure out your path in life. Providing you with the tools to suceed. The teachers and staff makes sure you are up to par with their standards, which may seem like they are uptight but it’s overall for the best.

Janiel

CUNY Lehman College is a great campus with excellent academics. There is also, a great support group all around campus and they will always help you whenever they can. This college is also tougher than I thought it would be, but overall it's great. However, I do feel that Lehman College can expand even more by adding certain majors to the college such as Engineering, as well as to bring fraternities and honors societies in order to expand our connection base.

Sha

The community is the best. The people are friendly and they offer a lot of services to assist the students. The professors really want to see you succeed and are always available to help and they encourage you to ask questions . The campus is beautiful!

jenny

Lehman is a great school. I am always impressed at the organization considering we are a commuter school. My classes have been tough but not impossible and my professors are always available. I am currently taking a math class and am so happy that I have the professor I have, the way he breaks down the math makes it so easy for me and others to understand. Both my professor and others take time out to help us by running clinics on the weekend. My African History professor was not only well versed in African History she is an advocate for Af. American History. My history professor also was very encouraging when it came to other classes that would be helpful for us in our studies. It has been a real pleasure to attend Lehman, and hope to be able to graduate in the next two years.

Daniela

I believe Lehman College to be a very involved city college. Most students are aware of community issues and are willing to give up their free time to help. The big campus which is filled with beautiful trees gives students an open space to engage in extracurricular activities​ and club meetings out in the open.

Bridget

I enjoy attending Lehman college, wonderful professors and great students. Active students and sports on campus with indoor pool. Full set gym with equipments. Lehman college focuses on Nursing and Education for major departments. Flexible professors and great place to learn with small to medium sized classrooms.

Felicia

Overall, a great school. Helpful professors and great atmosphere. I would recommend the college to a friend. Great food and a great environment to learn. I thoroughly enjoyed my college experience in the four years i attended the college. I'm sad to be leaving.

Alyssa

My overall opinion of Lehman College is being in a comfortable environment. The campus is big enough to walk around and the extra curricular activities varies. They also have a lot of events open to students to participate. The college is comfortable for people to study or go to the gym and even hang out with friends.

Tiffany

There is definitely room for improvement. When it comes to the teachers, some are amazing people, some make me never want to see them again. The environment and the atmosphere is great but the area around is not the most developed. However, the school has so much to offer with its homely feeling and care for students.

Maryana

This college located on upper east side of Bronx . Sorrounded by beautiful green environment. This college is well rounded on academics and clubs. Occasionally long administration office lines during admission deadline . This college has wonderful art gallery and theater performances.

Idowu

Lehman College is one of the best opportunities to have that secluded campus feeling, and still enjoy the busy atmosphere of New York City that people love so much. Students are friendly, and staff and administration are as well. Some faces will always be constant. I find that even those people who are the "get in, learn, and leave as soon as possible" type still manage to find a friend and somebody to relate to. It is not boring when you put yourself out there, and there are events at least once a week. One of my favorite things, there is almost always free food on campus! Who does not love that? However, all fun aside, your academics are important. Professors are caring and relatable, and there are programs on campus aimed to aide in the academic success of students who seek it. Lehman College is the whole enchilada.

Anwar

Eh.

Overall a good school. There are many great professors, class sizes aren't too big but watch out for administration as they always seem to mess something up. Sports and recreation are pretty good but not pep rally status. Arts and performance are a mayor aspect of the school. There's ALWAYS something interesting and fun to do and get involved in.

Julio

CUNY Lehman College is the most awesome college that I ever see, I really feel safe, free and confortable being in the campus. I love to be in this college because everything feels like home, I can easily do anything in the campus. Every teacher and student is helpful with everybody

James

Lehman College is a very great school, especially for students who live around New York City and would like a school that's great for commuting. Lehman College always has many different events that go on daily, and there's almost never a dull moment.

Emely

My overall opinion of CUNY Lehman College is that it is an amazing school, the classrooms are a normal high school classroom size so the transition from high school classrooms to these college classrooms is extremely easy since you're surrounded by maximum 20 people. The campus may be big, but very easy to learn and navigate yourself through it. The students are there exactly for the same reason, to continue their higher education and get ready to enter their future jobs. Overall the school is calm, but a hardworking place. The beautiful campus is also a plus.

Tamara

Great college, many resources. They just need to make students more aware of the services the the school provides. Make the food more affordable and healthier choices for students. Signs posted about events and clubs things. Make sure the elevators are working properly.

jennifer

The campus is beautiful and heavily involved into current events. The campus has a lot of opportunities and support. There are fantastic professors and students that made positive impact in my life. However, lacks safety. I barely feel safe on campus and leaving campus. There isn’t enough safety officers. It is an open campus that anyone can enter campus without a student id or proper identifications. There has been a lot of incidents on campus where students go threatened, physically hurt or sexually harassed. Alot of offices such as admission, bursar, financial aid and advisement are disorganized and unprofessional. If you are a transfer student such as myself, you will be loss. There is a lack of support for transfer students. If you have to handle something in the offices I mentioned above, you have to do your research, ask questions and follow up because no one does their job in those departments.

nicholas

it is great! Campus police ensures safety. There is a ton of parking also. Lastly, the campus is big but not too big. There is a ton of nature. You would not think you were in NYC just by being on campus. This is a great school to learn, teach, and grow!

Jose

I find this school to pretty cool. This is my first college so I can't really compare it to others but I do enjoy being here. You do run into professors who don't care if you pass or fail but the majority that i found really do care about you and want you to succeed. The offices are pretty meh. Although they do what they can do help, if they can't help, expect to run around office to office as they send you everywhere and your whole day is wasted since there are always long lines.

Overall, Lehman College is one of the few CUNY schools to have an actual campus with beauty of landscape and architecture to admire. Access to food is easy but on-campus options can get boring easily. Off-campus food nearby is diverse and accessible. General education is worth the investment here. As a nursing major, I must admit to it's high competitiveness, difficulty, and SEVERE departmental disorganization.

Ebony

Lehman College is a university where you can make the best of what is in front of you. People think that Lehman College is like other colleges but it's not. Lehman College has advisors and teachers who want the very best for you. At Lehman College I feel comfortable and safe.

My opinion of CUNY Lehman college is a very good college because give the opportunity for students make they goals and dreams.

Areliz

Lehman is a quiet school. Not a lot of social life goes on within the campus. The majority of the students just here to study a get their degree. Lehman is one of the few CUNY schools that has a beautiful campus. The faculty at Lehman are very helpful and not just the professors.

Alphonse

I love Lehman college, my favorite thing is how beautiful the campus looks. It’s almost a getaway from the city life and you enter this rural lifestyle. The teachers are amazing and they really get to know you and help you out as much as possible. I never had a complaint about a teacher.

Victoria

It’s very affordable for students and the professors are very helpful to you reaching your goals. The campus is very large and diverse. You get to meet a lot of new people. What I loved most were the advisors that were always there to help you and push you to be the best you can.

Mallorie

CUNY Lehman is a beautiful historic campus. There is many things to do on and off campus. If you need help with anything, there is easy access. They also have an amazing student health center. This center has various amounts of doctors that helps people a great amount. Gynecologist to social workers. They have everything!