Bronx, NY
CUNY Lehman College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Lehman College

Colette

I would tell my High school self that in order to prepare myself for College that I need to learn how to present and thoroughly research a College paper properly. In High school the teachers unlike the professors in college do not baby you or remind you every second of when your paper that you have to do research on is due. There are some Professor’s who will occasionally remind their students about the assignment but others might not do that. They assume that since some students are more mature and are grown. Who have completed their degree or finishing that it is automatically understood, that they are responsible for any work that is required of them. No matter what life complications that will occur such as a family drama issues or a baby’s daycare needs. College Professor’s are very strict when it comes to punctuation and students being available 100 percent of the time. It can severely affect the student’s grade. If a student is absent 3 or more times without a doctor notice and comes to class after attendance is taken, and the student will be considered absent for the day .

A person that should attend this school or university must be willing or able to keep up with the high standard of passing very tough exams.

A person that should not attend this school would be someone who used to slack off alot in High School.

Erika

This college offered me a scholarship and the admittance into a very competative Scholars Program where I could take seminars exclusive for the scholarship group. This college is also close to home which is what I prefered.

I would tell myself to not panic, college isn't as scary as you think. There is a lot of people buslting about and you won't make that many friends but that's okay, because you have yourself and your family and a few close friends and thats enough. I would tell myself that it is okay not to know what you want to do for the rest of your life, because you'll find that a lot of people just like you aren't sure either, and that 's what college is about, figuring out who you are and who you want to be. I would tell myself to plan for the future, but stay open to options and don't be afraid to take a little leap of faith. Leaps of faith can take you to amazing places that you never thought you could go before, be brave and nothing can stop you. Above all I would tell myself that you are good enough, you will make it, and you will rise above all of the hardships and be the person you finally want to be.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it doesn't always have the classes that I need avaiable. With my scholarship I must take a minimum of 15 credits a semester, and it is hard to schedule that with the amount of time I have because I do have to work part-time to support myself.

Danielle

I would tell myself to have more confidence in my ability to do what I wanted to do, and not let others' opinions influence my decisions. I let other people persuade me into choosing a specific school and major that I was not really passionate about, instead of the one that I was because I told myself that pre-med was too hard and I would not be successful. Now, three years later, I am starting over at a different school with the major that I originally wanted to do, pre-med. A prestigious school name or ranking, having good grades, and making lots of money after school mean absolutely nothing if you are not happy with the career path that you have chosen.

The value of the education you receive at Lehman cannot be beat.

The school could be a little more technologically advanced. A lot of things that other schools allow you to complete online have to be done in person with Lehman. Also, it is hard to get in touch with faculty/staff sometimes.

Lehman is for students who enjoy the city and urban life with quality professors and a great resource for programs and employment.

I would tell myself to be more open to the idea of going away to college instead of commuting. Also to take core classes first and understand what classes are needed for your degree. Get involved in school clubs that have your interest and participate in school events; you will make lots of friends and it will look great on your resume. Take at least one summer course a year so you will not need an extra semester because six classes each semester is too much while working part-time. It is okay to withdraw; if you are going to fail the class withdrawing is a better option because it will not hurt your GPA. Have a planner or use your phone to keep track of when assignments are due. It will help better organize your time to complete big projects, papers, or presentations. Lastly, take responsiblity for your future; make sure you understand the classes you need to take, the graduation process and other processes of the college such as the dates you need to pay by. Do not rely solely on the advisors at the college because sometimes there are miscommunications.

A person who wants a business degree or teaching degree with a love for city life. A person who is looking for a decent college for an affordable tuition price, in otherwords is financially dependent.

Najiya

Appearances can be decieving, the large student population and enormous campus will teach you more than a private institution for a greater value with practical life lessons; it may be frustrating at times but overall I am satissfied with my journey at Lehman College.

The world is yours as you set off to achieve your ambitions. The excitement of independence and new academic journey begin to dim with unforeseen insecurities and challenges. It's okay to be worried by setbacks, don't let it consume you. You're human and vulnerable to mistakes and defeat, more importantly you have promise to be brilliant and spectacular. Don't sink. Continue with more dedication and fire. There is more to you than lost battles; they are insignificant before your dreams and what you deserve. Everyone knows hard work, time management, and commitment are important for success. It's equally necessary to surround yourself with a support system that reminds you to love and forgive yourself. Half the burden will vaporize. Refuse to be intimidated by the steadfastness and dexterity of the tortoise or the speed and confidence of the hare. Your goal isn't to compete with your peers. Your education serves to illuminate and secure your future. Don't lust for profound wisdom or knowledge, doing so will make you shallow. You're complete and competent in your simplicity, this will take you to success. You've done well, and I'm proud of you.

I received an equally high quality education if not higher without burning a huge hole in my pocket.

Malwantie

The best thing about Lehman is the Student Life building and campus location. Also the under ground tunnels ; in the winter, no need to go outside. One thing i would change is the lunch menu. Lehman is just the right size. Its not too large nor too small. Everyones reaction is different to Lehman. Some wished they went to Lehman and some don't. Most of my time is spent in the library, the study rooms are helpful !

I met my closest friends during the summer in our math class.

We have soooo many clubs !

john

Don't take your education for granted. It may not seem that the homework and grades in high school are pointless but only later will you find that the grades you recieve in high school will affect the rest of your life. Learn "how to learn" instead of simply memorizing for an assignment or test the night before. Organization is the key to getting things done and completing coursework on time. Utilize the tools available to you , like the library, teachers and counselors in order to make your college life easier.

Samontha

If I were able to go back in time to visit myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to use this opportunity as a second chance. I would tell myself that I doesn't matter what college I attend, but what I do with my time there both academically, socially, and career-wise. I encourage myself to never lose the drive to do better and to develop a competitive nature by befriending the best and the brightest to challenge myself with. For even if I never surpass those students, there is an increased chance that I will sustain a very high GPA and have fun while I am working so hard. Since I have always believe that kinship or companionship makes for a better journey, I would tell myself to form friendship with a diverse group of people, because these are the people that will eventually be my foundation and motivation to continue pass all the hurdles I will definitely face. Although I have been successful in areas of my life inspite of a few hiccups along the way, I would tell my past self that having fun and working hard would make me a happier me.

The schedule in college is very flexible. You can decided what time and day would most likely be best to take according to your personal schedule. College is not as intense as everyone makes out to seem. Yes, there is material and essay that will be required to be completed but overall the workload is very managable. You dont need to know what your major will be and you dont have to declare a major until you reach approx. 60 credits. Dont feel afraid to ask questions to any department regardless if it annoys them, they are here to help you.

the cost of school is very reasonable. The professor that teach at lehman also teach in schools with great reputaton, ex NYU. same quality education for less money.

melissa

I didn't consider any other schools.

I didn't consider any other schools.

I graduated high school in 2003. I didn't go to college until 2008. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would've put a lot of emphasis on going to college right after high school. College life is great and making the transition wasn't that hard. I would've liked to experience that when I was younger with many of my other high school friends. It saddens me to see that a lot of them have already acheived their Bachelor's degree and are in graduate school while I'm still working on acheiving my Bachelor's degree. I am proud of myself for taking the necessary steps to get myself back on track, but if I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would've stressed going to college right after high school.

I wish I had known how much textbooks cost before coming to this school.

CUNY Lehman College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.