Bronx, NY
CUNY Lehman College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Lehman College

john

Don't take your education for granted. It may not seem that the homework and grades in high school are pointless but only later will you find that the grades you recieve in high school will affect the rest of your life. Learn "how to learn" instead of simply memorizing for an assignment or test the night before. Organization is the key to getting things done and completing coursework on time. Utilize the tools available to you , like the library, teachers and counselors in order to make your college life easier.

Samontha

If I were able to go back in time to visit myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to use this opportunity as a second chance. I would tell myself that I doesn't matter what college I attend, but what I do with my time there both academically, socially, and career-wise. I encourage myself to never lose the drive to do better and to develop a competitive nature by befriending the best and the brightest to challenge myself with. For even if I never surpass those students, there is an increased chance that I will sustain a very high GPA and have fun while I am working so hard. Since I have always believe that kinship or companionship makes for a better journey, I would tell myself to form friendship with a diverse group of people, because these are the people that will eventually be my foundation and motivation to continue pass all the hurdles I will definitely face. Although I have been successful in areas of my life inspite of a few hiccups along the way, I would tell my past self that having fun and working hard would make me a happier me.

The schedule in college is very flexible. You can decided what time and day would most likely be best to take according to your personal schedule. College is not as intense as everyone makes out to seem. Yes, there is material and essay that will be required to be completed but overall the workload is very managable. You dont need to know what your major will be and you dont have to declare a major until you reach approx. 60 credits. Dont feel afraid to ask questions to any department regardless if it annoys them, they are here to help you.

the cost of school is very reasonable. The professor that teach at lehman also teach in schools with great reputaton, ex NYU. same quality education for less money.

melissa

I didn't consider any other schools.

I didn't consider any other schools.

I graduated high school in 2003. I didn't go to college until 2008. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would've put a lot of emphasis on going to college right after high school. College life is great and making the transition wasn't that hard. I would've liked to experience that when I was younger with many of my other high school friends. It saddens me to see that a lot of them have already acheived their Bachelor's degree and are in graduate school while I'm still working on acheiving my Bachelor's degree. I am proud of myself for taking the necessary steps to get myself back on track, but if I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would've stressed going to college right after high school.

I wish I had known how much textbooks cost before coming to this school.

D

Terrible. No social community whatsoever, unless you're mindless and ghetto. Most teachers plainly do not care or dislike their jobs, Avoid, avoid, avoid.

The theatre department is fairly decent, and recently beginning to thrive.

Moronic. Lower income. Generally hold jobs while attending school. Not interested in debates or thought for thought's sake.

Not terrible, but varies largely by department.

Dull-minded people who would like to do the bare minimum to get by. Mix of older adult learners and younger students.

Marie

The location is convenient to my place of employment.

The location is convenient to my place of employment.

Go with your first choice in school. Don't let people persuade your decision. Enjoy your college years.

Joseph

Its racial diversity. Lehman College is one of the most racially diverse colleges I have been to.

The whole purpose of college is to train students to become a vital part of society. Society needs college students now more than ever before. This is because the socialization of college is incomparable. Necessary skills are acquired within the four walls of the college classroom. As a student, one of the most important things I have learnt in college is that it is only in the dictionary that success comes before work--only because “s” comes before “w”. In real life, one has work comes before success. This means that as one lives, one has to work in order to attain success and become noteworthy. It also emphasizes the fact that things are bound to get tough and rough at times, but determination and perseverance would surely see one through. As a student, I have also learnt to make good use of acquired information in all situations of life. Being taught so many things in college, one would wonder what to do with such material. Sometimes, the information could be overwhelming; nevertheless, acquiring the information and using it in our everyday experiences is an indication to society that one has seen the four walls of college.

The best thing about my school is the professors. I really feel that they are interested in the success of the student. They encourage the student to study, provide needed information and point the student in the right direction when they cannot help.

Alicia

It acquires a variety of majors that students are able to explore. The campus is beautiful with new renovations, a theater, baseball field and tennis courts among others. It is located in the Bronx which allows students to explore the area.

I have learned to stay open minded in terms of work study and socializing. Something might not seem for me at the moment but I learned that it could be I just have ot trust myself and God's timing. I have not experienced much because I am on the verge of being a college freshman.

Terri

The student diversity has allowed me to learn an incredible amount about various cultures which has been a fabulous addition to a social science degree.

My college experience has allowed me to meet professors, in varied fields, that personify passion and success in their fields. In other words, they love what they do and do what they love. These professors take the time to find creative ways to engage their students; therefore, ensuring our understanding, opening our minds to other disciplines and helping us locate our passions. As a result, I have reignited a previously lost passion and found a greater appreciation for subjects that, prior to these classes, I had little interest in. I have also come to a deeper understanding of the importance of multi-disciplinary training for a truer perspective. It has been valuable to attend college for three reasons. One, I have been able to determine, without a doubt, that my career choice is my true passion. Two, the heightened cultural awareness from a diverse student body has been extraordinary. They have demystified myths and enabled me to understand the strong desire I have to work on an international level. Last, yet certainly not least, by finding new strengths and refining old ones I can be successful in my personal and professional life.

As a non-traditional student there is little cohesiveness within the college for those in this category. Much is aimed at the "traditional" students which, frankly, is sad because there is quite a non-traditional population within the college. There are some wonderful services; however, they are limited to general business hours which, again, leaves out many non-traditional students.

Nichele

Lehman college gad the best art department, though it didn't have my immediate major; my secondary focus was good enough.

I've learned how to be more flexible, compromising and out spoken about me work. Instead of sticking to myself and my profeesors helped me get out of my head most of the time, though at times i go back but their words keep me in check when I need it. I won't forget it.

CUNY Lehman College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.