Brooklyn, NY
CUNY New York City College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY New York City College of Technology

Leah

Cummuter stusdents that already has a degree and need additional classes.

Don't worry about your grades or what you think you should do. Just do want you want and see if it works out. You can always fix a mistake and it's not sprint it's a marathon. Start early on finding a job so you will have the requirements prior to leaving school.

DaShaun

The numerous facilities held within the school.

The numerous facilities held within the school.

If I were given the chance to talk about to my highschool self, I would tell him that he better cut the act of all the slacking that he's probably up to. College is a lot more serious that anyone thinks. You aren't giving the leisure of being pushed by teachers to do your work. At this point, you're given the opportunity be hold yourself responsible of working hard in college. Don't take on more than what you can really handle. It helps avoid being stressed out from piles of work. Remember to have some time for yourself. College doesn't have to be about work, work, and more work. Play games, Party (NOT EXCESSIVELY), join club activities or frats, do whatever makes you take your mind off heavy workloads. College is a growing and learning experience and will/may be the best 4-5 years of your life. Doing all of your work and studying in a timely manner is the best cheat code there is to beat college. As long as you put your mind to it, you'll be the best student that you can be. You got this! I believe in you!

Dennis

Hello Dennis, It’s me, You! I am in college, yes I have made it in. I am given the opportunity to change my future and it starts with you. I am in college and I am struggling to cope with the work and pressures of this responsibility bestowed on me. At present I feel like giving up; I am failing the same classes over and over, and I miss class when I feel like. I can change this but you are the one to do this. I want you to enjoy every moment you have right now. I don’t want you to over work yourself and get stressed, because I know you are a smart dude. I want you to do ten percent more work now than what you are doing, I promise you will have no regrets. You will look back and say I did ten percent more and I am happy with what I have done. You will be successful and you will not be stressed when you start college, because you will always be doing ten percent more than me. That’s all you need to do to be successful in everything you do. Dennis.

If you are a person who has a drive to succeed New York City College of Technology (NYCCT) is the place for you. The Professors are all experts in their fields and are willing to assist students on their way to success. They show no prejudice to students and they are their constantly there to give guidance and advice to students. If you feel you don’t have a drive to succeed but is open to new experiences NYCCT is the place for you. All-in-All NYCCT is opened to everyone and the will guide you.

Peter

The advice i would give to take college seriously when you get to college it is a whole different ballgame. It is no joke in high school they spoonfeed you, but in college you are on your own. I would encourage myself to study becuase high school you can get away with out studying, but in college if you do not study you will fail. I will also tell myself to be in school everyday becuase attendance in college is no joke, if you miss more than three times you will fail and two lateness is an absence, so i would always make sure that i am in class and school on time.

Cailin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a few very helpful pieces of advice. I would tell myself that I should apply for as many scholarships that are available only through my high school. These will help me ease my worries about how I am going to pay for college. Also, I would hammer into my head that even though it is nice to graduate early and take a break from school, I should graduate early from high school and start my college education as soon as possible instead of waiting. With the ability to give myself these pieces of advice, I feel I could be more successful in life.

Mir

College is once in a lifetimeoppurtunity work more hard and succeed.

The walking Distance between different school buildings and the problems with the cafeteria.

daniel

well, as an alumni of NYCCT, i would say i have the best college experience in the school. the school has diversity of people from all round the world. one of the things i like most about the school is that there are dedicated faculties who strive day and night for the students to succeed. the school size is on the average, not the biggest nor the smallest. but its definitely a school that have raised professional, men and women of integrity.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

someone recommended the school to me when i was searching for college to attend...he was an alumni of the school many years ago...then the school was called NYC technical college.

we have the student govt association, the honors scholars society, american society of civil engineers, architecture club and many more. i was a member of the honors scholars society and the america society of civil engineers while i was still a student, now i m only a member of those groups in the national level. the athletic department at the school are always doing their best each season, they compete in both conference games and the NCAA games as well. i was in the men's tennis team. it was a great experience. even though athletic was important, yet student educational success was more important.

academic performance at NYCCT is very high. most professors knows the name of the students in class either the student first or last name, which ever is easier to remember. most student i knew always study together especially in my major department. my favorite class was building service system (construction mgmt tech dept course) and my least favorite was college physic1. class participation and group study was always encouraged in all the classes i took. i was majoring in construction mgmt tech. under civil engineering and construction mgmt department. my major was a unique one which was not available in most cuny school. it was challenging as well. a lot of work, both in the class and field.

Felicia

My school's size is just right, when I tell people that I attend the college they don't really have a negative response. Just a few might say that they don't think everyone goes their for educational purposes. Well I spend most of my time in the tutoring room. Overall like any other school it as it's good and bad.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

Yes I do, because it's a cold world out there. You have to grow up very fast, people who say they are your friends may not be. However, you do have wonderful people out there just that sometimes they are hard to find because life may have you all over the place.

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

As often has one can. There will be lonely days and you don't want you family think you only know them on those days. So keep a balance with family and friends. It helps in the long run.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

No, I don't drink and it doesn't stop me from hanging out. You just have to stand for what you believe in, once you do people will respect you.

What do people really wear to class?

Students wear anything, a few of them don't even care. They even wear pj's at times.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

The hardest thing about freshman year is finding your way in school. Wondering if your going to meet anyone, you just don't know what's going happen.

I wish someone would have told me that not a lot of students are friendly. So you have to grow up real fast, because some students don't feel like they should help you in any way.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for me is just work and go out with a few of my friends if i'm not out of it from working all day.

When you step off campus what do you see?

When I step off campus, I step in the heart of Brooklyn. You can find anything you need from the stores and different restaurants to public transportation to get to where you need to go.

I get along with everyone, I don't think you should judge someone off their background. I think a student that's not wearing the "latest outfits" would feel out of place. Most of the students I see on campus wear party attire, at times I wonder if their actually coming to school.

You have excellent students and then you have non-excellent students. The professors that I had so far do make it their point of duty to know their students' names. The classes that I had those batch of students had wonderful personalities so no one felt uncomfortable to participate in class activities.

Simo

One of the things I am very happy about is the fact that most of the professors I have had knew my name. I really appreaciated my stastics class; for me the most challenging because my professor made us work very hard. She had a system allowing any students to obtain a good grade but only if you worked hard for. Personnally I have a very regular study plan. I do not know how others study, but I noticed that class participation is common. While some students have intellectual conversations about politics, careers, or researches, others may talk about other topics. Students are very competitive particularly when they are already in their programs (nursing, vision care, radio technicians,...) The departement of liberal art is very organized and professors are very open and allow students to speak with them during their office hours. They really listen to students and always try to answer your concerns. The academic requirements are manageable and for sure you can have a good job if you graduate from this school.

Unalissa

I work as a peer mentor at the New Community College at CUNY, and during the interview, they asked all the applicants this very question. I will answer the same way I answered then. I would really have to give the high school me a good talking to, because there was so much that my high school did not prepare me for in college. The most important was time management; during high school I thought I was very good at time management because I was on the high honor roll, I was a student athlete, I was a part of several organizations both at school and at church. But life in high school is structured so that you inevitably get all these things done. I would warn my high school self that time management is more than just showing up to classes on time but it is about figuring out and structuring your life so that you not only have time to get all your daily tasks accomplished, but you also have time for personal betterment, building your career and working on creating the life you want. Try fitting all that into one day without excellent time management skills.

The best thing about City Tech is that there are a few good, dedicated and caring teachers. Unfortunately many of the faculty and staff either don't care about the students or they simply can't teach, which makes learning a difficult process. But with the bad comes the good, and the good is that when you find a good teacher, they are really caring and making the learning process enjoyable!

The most frustrating thing about City Tech, is their bureaucracy! There is always so much red tape to go through when trying to fix a problem. Every department only knows the information in their own department and they have no idea what is going on outside their doors. This is extremely frustrating because none of the departments communicate, so when there is something to be done that involves two departments, you must go to each department and verify things through email or writing. So instead of a simple phone call or stamp to confirm something, there is a long delay.

CUNY New York City College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.