Dalton State College

« See more reviews of Dalton State College

It has been many years since I was in High School. With that being said, the first thing I would tell myself is- Go to college, do not wait. The most important things to know are to be sure of your major, this is your life long career, you need to pick something you will be just as passionate about 20 years from now. If you have questions, ask them. A proffessor doesn't know your falling behind, if you don't tell them. There are lots of resources available from counseling to tutoring- utalize them, that is what they are there for. Above all else, you must try. You can not be afraid of failing something you haven't done because if you knew what you were really capable of, you would see that you are going to make the Dean's list. Believe in yourself and reach for the stars.

The one thing I would advise myself is do NOT procrastinate it doesn't get you anywhere. Procrastinating will make your life stressful and will make you break down. Take all the chance you got to complete everything in time so you won’t have to worry about it later on. You should always make time to study. Also spend plenty of time to be with your friends because you won’t see them much later on. Once you graduate everything won’t be the same things will change and the real world will be waiting. College will soon start faster than you think and the atmosphere will be different. You will meet new people and maybe reconcile will old friends. But overall have fun will senior year and college will be waiting for you in the next chapter of your life.

If I were able to go back in time and advice myself about college life I would say, "Apply yourself the best of your ability." By the best of my ability I mean to get ready to take college seriously and to not procrastinate. First of all, I would tell myself to apply to for scholarships. Having money to attend college would make the transition so much easier instead of worrying about where the money will come from to attend the semester. Secondly I would tell myself to not leave homework and essays to the last minute. To make sure to read the chapters assigned the night before and not the first ten minutes of class. To really just take it seriously, because this is college.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to stress about finding the perfect school to attend. I would tell myself that I should make the choice I want and not what my family thinks I should. If i could go back I would tell myself to think about the future more and plan out what I wnat to do and what I want to become. Looking over all that I ahve learned since high school I realize that if I had chosen my school as one of my earlier choices alot of things that have happened wouldnt have. I would tello myself that the school I attend now is the right one and that I should try my hardest to make my goals and dreams come true.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would give the advise of persistence and patience. Now that I am older, and much more learned and experienced in life, I have learned to maintain patience and pace myself to excel in classes and be persistent in pursuing my degree. I’ve gotten the first hand look that a college degree is very important in not only learning your field, but for job advantages as well. I would also tell my high school self that it’s alright to be scared – because everybody is - but the transition and people met along the way are a fun-filled experience!

If I could go back in time and be a high school senior again, I would say to myself, I need to study harder and take more college prep classes. So far, I have had a good experience my freshman year as a college student. There have been adjustments that have had to be made, but I feel confident I am on the right road. I do wish that I had spent more time as a high school senior becoming more active in clubs and community. By becoming more involved, there would have been more opportunities for me to meet new people and hear new ideas.

The advice I would give myself would be to work my butt off. Keep my grades up as high as I could get them, I slacked off my senior year and didn't try as hard as I could have. I graduated with a 3.4 GPA, which I am proud of, but I got that without studying or really trying hard at all so to just think if I would have put in more effort I could have gotten my GPA closer to a 4.0 and provided myself with a lot more oppertunities. Apply for all the scholarships and grants as possible even if there is a slight chance of my getting it.

If I knew what I know now, when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to take in and learn as much as possible. To believe in myself and not to be scared of the road ahead of me. I wish I would of known to jump into college head first and go straight toward seeking a degree, and not taking a year to mess around and get used to school. Myself, like others have changed my majob 10000 times, but I am still back to square one seeking a degree in Criminl Justice, right where I started at, and where I will always be.

If I was granted the oppertunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself several things. To begin I would tell myself to retake the SAT because those scores affect everything and to apply for every scholarship I qualified for. Also, I would tell myself to check out any school that I was interested in, not just two. Lastly, I would tll myself to be more involved so that it was not intimidating to join clubs, groups, greek, and different organizations on the school campus.

I have gotten alot so far out of my college experience. I have learned alot. I have learned that I have to make friends with people in my class. If i don't then I won't have any friends at school. It has been valuable to attend college because if I don't then I will be without out a job most likely because not many places will hire someone without a college degree anymore. When I get my degree, I will be able to try and find a job and have a chance to get it.