Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

There are far too many student organizations for me to point out the most popular one. At Drexel it really isn't a hierarchy of activities (like jocks on top, then band nerds, etc). It's more a question of your interests. For example, I am a news-writer and advice columnist for the newspaper (The Triangle), a member of the Forensic Science Club, co-founder of the Forensics and Debate Team (to be official next year), and co-founder of the French Club (to be official next year, as well). Like I said before, whatever you are interested in, it's here, and if it's not, you can make it happen because there's bound to be someone else who is. The only thing Drexel lacks that can be a major setback for some people is a football team. Instead our "football team" is an awesome (highly selective) comical improv group.

I am in greek life so I would have to say that is the most popular thing going on campus. I LOVE being in a sorority and feel that there is one for everyone, but people still have negative impressions of them. Unfortunately, Drexel is way too controlling about Greek life and kind of puts a damper on social events. (LAME) A lot of non-greek girls actuallt go to frat parties, which I think is cool. Last weekend I went to a few bar/clubs that are easy to get into if you know people who work there. There were also a few house parties/frat parties. Off campus there are a lot of great places to shop and go out to eat. Which means I have a job a few blocks a way waitressing to pay for these things.

The social life here is incredibly underrated. Sure, you may be stuck studying more often than you'd like to be (but, you know, this is college), but you can always find fun if you're looking for it. The frats have parties all the time (that being said, that's really just not my scene) and there's plenty of parties in the neighborhoods north and west of campus if you're willing to brave the treachorous streets... I'm kidding, kind of. There's plenty of stuff to do at UPenn and downtown as well; never forget that Drexel is quite literally in downtown Philadelphia and that great music venues, bars, clubs, and restaurants are just a short walk/bike ride/subway away.

Basketball, Lacrosse, Crew, Fraternities. I'm in Pi Kappa Phi and we are a Fraternity that stresses the importance of leadership. Girls at drexel are like parking spots, they are either taken, or handicapped. If you are awake on tuesday at 2am you are drunk off your ass and probably going to Abners. People tend to party on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and fraternities are normally the only poeple that can hold large parties. On a saturday night without drinking you can catch up on sleep, or go to old city and watch people get drink. You could also chill with some pretty cool bums.

CAB (Campus Activities Board) is probably the most well known because they put on Spring Jam and other events on campus. I am a part of Late Night Series which is a student run open mic that meets every Thursday night and that is where I met all of my good friends here. Frats and Sororities are not play a huge role on our campus and at least for me I kind of forget that they are there but for others they always are there for parties. There is also a lot of stuff to do off campus like go to concerts, theatre, bowling and bars for those over 21.

Greek Life and the DAC pack are the two most popular groups on campus. Students in the dorms definately leave their doors open and are very willing to meet new people. The dating scene is terrible. Greek life is pretty much one of the most important things on this campus (in relation to Drexel Activities). The greeks are involved all across campus and dominate every aspect of college life. They are the RA's, presidents of student orgs, work studys, student staff memebers, and involved all across campus.

Like most colleges, greek life is definitely predominant. So many people rush and/or are in a sorority/fraternity, even I plan on rushing and I might be the last person I thought that would be apart of the greek life scene. Other than that, the gym seems to be everyone's favorite activity, even if they don't like it. I feel like I'm constantly seeing people going to and from the gym, or at least talking about it. No one wanted the Freshman 15.

the campus life is not so great unless you know where to go. most freshman parties are in row homes stuck in the basements. my fraternity however throws the best parties and there are many places to go elsewhere. many bars around university city where one can have a good time. also, olde city is just a cab ride away along with many other possibilities to fullfill you free time

It's a party school....'cause there's nothing else to do. The DAC runs some good events but not enough...and the hours that the DAC office is open to purchase tickets is not convenient to those of us who actually attend class. There's not much to do on campus other than party....so many go over to University of Pennsylvania's campus for fun (ice skating, restaurants, etc).

I swim for Drexel's varsity team, so athletics are where my friend-base is, although there are a million things to do off-campus. CAB (Campus Activities Board) puts on tons of events throughout the year, discounted flyers games, eagles games, phillies games, orchestra tickets, etc. which is a huge plus.