Duke University Top Questions

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Lillie

Duke is a top-tier "new Ivy" with amazing academics, athletics, and student body. The opportunities afforded to Duke students are astounding, and a Duke education puts you in a great place to get jobs and entrance into grad schools. It's not easy, but a Duke education is well worth it. Athletically, Duke has an amazing lacrosse, women's soccer, and other teams, but the students are by far the most excited about basketball. Duke has some amazing traditions like tenting and LDOC that make being a student a unique and treasurable experience. The greek scene is prominent for those who are involved in it, and some might say that it is prominent in general, but if you are greek it doesn't have to be a big part of your life if you don't want it to be (at least, if you're a greek woman). Socially, Duke students "work hard, play hard." Although some students don't partake, Duke has a significant party scene and there is never a lack of things to do on a weekend. As far as diversity, Duke is incredibly welcoming to groups of all kinds and is supportive of all of its students. Overall, it's a school with a great balance of assets that make for an incredible educational experience.