D'Youville College

« See more reviews of D'Youville College

I wish i knew the school was as serious as it is. I started at Canisius, an expensive and flashy school. When I transfered, I had a negative attitude about D'Youville because I thought it would be lower quality since it is lesser known. I quickly found out that the quality is very similar to what the more premier schools offer and the classes I find more interesting, positive, and useful. What I thought would be a step down in my college experience has given me more than I could've asked, not to mention athletic involvement.

When teachers say they have office hours and will even show up at your group study sessions to help, they mean it. I was nervous to talk to my professors one on one, but I see other students working in their offices all the time, and my psychology professor did join my classmates when they studied for her class. They actually care. I also wish I knew that there is a bulliton board where students sell their old textbooks. I might have looked at it over the summer to find better deals. The school wants you to save money.

Although I do believe that student loans for education are "good" loans, it is important to realize the quality of education you are receiving and how it correlates with the tuition. Before attending college, prospective students should most certainly look into the education of their professors. You DO NOT want to be spending $20,000 a year at a college where master's students are teaching you. For that amount of money, ALL of your classes should be taught and instructed by professors with PhD's.

Before I came to D'Youville, I wish I would have known how intense some of the course work would be! I knew college was going to be a challenge in and of itself, but D'Youville makes me try extra hard to be the best student I can be. I had no idea how academically difficult it would be to become a nurse. In retrospect though, even though I didnt know how hard it would be, it wouldnt have changed my mind. I am right where I want to be. I will make a difference in someone's life!

I wish i would have known more about the student life. Once i got to school i realized how little there really was to do on campus. It is true that there are a lot of clubs to participate in, but once the school day is over there isn't that much to do. Most students use this time to party and drink. I chose to join a sport (crew). I am very glad i did, but i still wish that there were more things to do around campus, especially since most of the practices are in the morning!

D'Youville College is a fantastic academic setting for a prospective student who has a strong grasp on the type of career that they would like to turn into a lifetime of work. I only wish that I knew the field of study I could see myself involved in as an adult, because had I known that, I would have made several different choices about my education as well as my life. I can not complain though, I've met some of the most interesting and genuine people at D'Youville.

I didn't do a lot of research on the school, and on its campus. The school is located in a downtown setting and there are three buildings that are part of the school which are all separated. In order to get from the library or the computer lab you have to leave the main lecture building. Living in Buffalo, New York, the weather can be very brutal in the winter, so it would be nice not to leave the building and stay inside throughout the day.

I wish I knew more about the area when coming to this school. Most fun things are farther away from the neighborhood the school is at, and if I knew that better it would have helped me choose to live on campus or not to live on campus. The area isn't the greatest, so one has to travel a few miles away.

I wish someone had told me eariler what an amazing enviornment D'Youville is , also the helpful teaching staff who are always dedicated to their students 110% of their time. Also not to mention the great help that is offered in the Tutoring Center for students who are struggling.

I wish that I'd known that I was really just coming to school to do work and that's not a bad thing at all. Social life is somewhat there, but everything revolves around school. It is beneficial in the end, because I came to school to get my education.