Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

There are tons of things that are great about EKU. First of all, it?s located in a small town that?s only 25 minutes away from the second largest city in the state?so you get all of the perks of the city without having to deal with all the traffic! The professors are excellent here and you can tell that they care about their students's success. Event the students themselves are extraordinarily nice and it?s so easy to make friends. The biggest perk for me though is that EKU is only 10 minutes away from home!

The best thing about EKU is the faculty and size. They go hand in hand. The campus is large enough to offer multiple majors, yet small enough to not feel like a number. This causes the number of professors to be numerous in each department so you can almost always find assistance when you need it. All of the professors know each other to some extent, and they help across the board. They also encourage you to seek other professors if you struggle with their teaching style. Overall, EKU is a great school

I feel that this school is the perfect size. It's not too big, nor is it too small. There are many different organizations and activities offered on my campus and I feel that this is a good factor that will open up new options for students. I'm in the honors program and it is an awesome experience to associate with people with your own intellectual level. Professors here are very friendly and offer help outside of class. I believe that the faculty is willing to help any student succeeded.

In my opinion, the student to faculty ratio is awesome. The fact that I am not in lectures with 300 people he;ps me stay focused. Smaller class sizes benefit the students greatly, while still having a great campus community. I believe that the schools faculty help the students reach their goals on time, as well as always stressing the point that if you are not prepared for class, how are you expecting to be prepared for the real world later in life.

The best thing about attending Eastern Kentucky University is that the college does a great job with making sure the student is successful with all of their current and future endeavors. Not only do the teachers want to help and make sure you are fully understanding the material and getting the best out of the class, but the advisors are very helpful with guiding the student as well.

I believe the best thing about my school is the cultural diversity. There are many different types of ethnicities and backgrounds represented throughout campus. The various activities and presentations allow each culture to be on display in fun and creative ways. From dance, to music, to art, EKU is a great was to heighten your awarness of different cultures.

My favorite thing about Eastern Kentucky University is that there are trees. I am sure this sounds like a silly reason to love a college but I feel like trees are very important and incredibly beautiful. They are the most amazing thing to ever be created. The other colleges I looked at didn't have the beautiful landscape that EKU has.

The best thing that my college offers is a degree in Wildlife Management. This enables me to get my degree there without having to go there for part and then to another college. I am also able to get a minor in criminal justice. The school also offers targeted tuition for out of state students which helps me out alot.

The best part about EKU, hands down, is the people. At Eastern, you can get the feel of a large university while still maintaining the personal level that small schools have. I've met so many people already because we're a close-knit community. Everyone is friendly and there is a general positive vibe around campus.

I think the personal feeling of my school is the best. I attended a large college before this one and I felt more like a number than a student. My school does very well about making me feel as if I am just as important to them as they are to me.