Emory University

« See more reviews of Emory University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

cliquey, rich, snobby

Emory Students are thought to be rich, liberal, jewish kids from the North, mostly from New York and Long Island. Most people say students go to Emory because they could not get into an Ivy league school. Also, people believe that Emory is a very diverse university.

significantly Jewish and teeming with JAP's-Jewish American Princesses. racial divisions prevail. hardly southern, mostly consists of students from northeast, particularly Long Island and Westchester. Primarily pre-med and business students.

That they are well-educated. It seems like the school is overwhelmed by kids from the northeast when in fact there is a good amount of students from all over the country and even a good share of foreign students.

Stereotypes that I hear a lot are that students at Emory are spoiled, or are from Long Island, are not the most attractive, are not the most friendly, and that there is not a lot of school spirit.

A lot of the kids are Emory are wealthy. Emory is very jewish, specifically very jappy. There is really no social life outside of the greek scene. Emory students are pretty dorky.

Most of the stereotypes have to do with the large Jewish population. Things like, "The Jewish girls are JAPs(jewish american princess)" or "the Jews are taking over the school".

"Ivy League" of the South Emory is a well kept "jewish secret" Emory girls are all japs and wear tights and a t-shirt everyday. All emory students are rich and from NY.

Emory kids come from New York and the Mid Atlantic. people are either pre med or business students. Alot of Asians but you dont see them much outside of the Library.

-a lot of snobby long island new york jews -very good undergrad business school and pre-med programs -greek life is very prominent