Everest Institute-Greenspoint Top Questions

Raven

I went to three different high schools: Lee, Forestbrook and Aldine. The first two I really liked but Aldine I couldn't stand. Not because it wasn't a good school, but because it was a different district and I went there for my senior year and didn't know anyone. How many students you know want to be dropped into foreign lands come senior year? Not me! So naturally I missed my friends and all the after school activities I participated in. I spent half the year sulking and reminiscing about the fun times I had at my other schools instead of focusing on making sure I got the grades to get out of there and into the college of my choice. If I could go back to the beginning of that school year, I would definitely advise myself to make a decision within the first month of either staying and making the best of a bad situation or going back to one of my old schools. Once the school of my attendance was out of the way, I would then go talk to my counselor and ask their help with looking for scholarships and applying to them.