Fairmont, WV
Fairmont State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairmont State University

Shanequa

Just be yourself college is a place to find out who you really are

Just be yourself college is a place to find out who you really are

My school has so many different type of people it is easy to find a friend

If a school that fits you. If you like one on one time with your teachers a smaller school would be good.

Michelle

The rec center at my school is way nicer than anyother schools that i visited. There is many nice places to eat as well compared to other schools that i visited.

Look at as many options as you can. You never know what you will like once you go and visit the campus. Try things that are colse as well as far away from home because college is about trying to find yourself and one never knows where they are gonna be able to find their true selves at. Also one needs to look into the activities that are available to students. Find out if they are on or off campus and what forms of activities they are beacuse it may be something that one likes or something that they do not like which could make a huge difference in whether or not they will stay in school or if they will enjoy it and have a good experience and make many new friends.

Anyone that is looking for a school that is fun and not too big or too small. Someone that wants to get a good education while still being able to have a good time with ur friends. Someone that wants to have a nice campus where everything is close to everything else and where u dont have to walk miles to get to where u need to go.

Chris

Most of my classmates are easy to get along with and aren't pretentious.

Most of my classmates are easy to get along with and aren't pretentious.

Look at more than one college and try not to pick a school because of your financial situation. I think I picked this school because it was affordable and I didn't want to be strapped with debt after college, but there may have been another school that I didn't look at that would have given me enough aid to be able to afford it too. I'm a young adult that doesn't know what I want to do for the rest of my life yet so I'm not the best person to give advice, but I do know that I don't want to have to pay back on loans for the next decade of my life. Don't be afraid to apply for any scholarship. Not all scholarships are awarded because you're the best of the best. There's someone out there right now that was just like you when they were in college and they'd like to help you get an education. You may meet their scholarship criteria.

Although I like that my school is away from the distractions of a big city and the campus is small, it seems like the town of Fairmont doesn't really care what the students have to do once they are off campus. There really isn't anywhere to go if you don't have a car and the area that is immediately off campus is kind of run down.

Fairmont State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.