Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Top Questions

Janelle

If you do not want to be independent you should not come to this school. Florida A&M is a great university but nothing is given to you. ' As a student you have to work, reasearch and inform yourself about everything going on. For example, if you qualify, there is an out-of-state tuition waiver available for students who do not call Florida home. I did not find out about this waiver until the end of my freshman year. You need to have the ability to have patience and ask the right questions to find out information.

Keelaye

The kind of person that should not attent this school is someone that is not willing to take pride in themself or this university; pride is so important due to the fact that we have a new school President and she is highly determined to make this university a better university than it has been in the past. In the end, we all have to come together and not only lift ourselves up but each other up. In my opinion, the only way to do that is for everyone to have and keep pride for this university.

DESTINY

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would be the kind of person who expects to put in the bare minimum and expects a greater outcome for his or her efforts. What a person puts into school is what he or she will get out of school.

Shontea

We’ve all heard the phrase college isn’t for everyone. Well, that’s the furthest thing from the truth. Sadly, Many have inherited the mindset commonly known as the defeatist mindset. This attitude continues to be the number one cause of poverty. Most would say that people are born leaders, but I will argue that it all boils down to a person’s attitude about life and how hard they are willing to work. What people must understand is that there are traits that distinguish leaders from non-leaders; so, having the right attitude can work wonders.

wandly

I do not believe that there should be any discrimation against who should attend or not attend. I can't single one person out we are all equal. Who's to say I should be in school, but guess what I am no one stopped me therefore I shall not hinder anyone's dreams to attend. Everyone should attend.

Sajsha

A person who is close-minded should not attend Florida A&M University. This university is full of diverse minds and learning about different people and their cultures is a popular thing around campus. Then again, that should a popular thing around the world. The best knowledge comes from the unknown. I have learned more in my two years here, than I have ever learned in my 17 years back home in Orlando, Fl. I absolutely love and embrace the auora of this university for it has molded me into the young lady that I am today.

CHANDY

FAMU is a university for any student. It is a historically black university however it does have a diverse student body. When asked this question, the only kind of person I could think of who should not attend is one who does not possess cultural sensitivity.

Shanice

The kind of person that shouldn't attend FAMU would be an anti-social person. Someone who doesn't like to have fun or try to be a mentor to younger people.

Tedra

If this said person does not want to come to college for their education, they should not be there. The professors are there to teach you what you need to know, not for you to go party.

Dezondria

If you are not focused on your academics or if you are easily persuaded.

Dameca

Our school has a variety of students on campus so anyone could attend Florida A&M University.

I honestly don't believe there is a type of person who shouldn't go to FAMU. People shouldn't let the fact that it is an HBCU even be a factor; I'm Black and I almost passed on the school because of that reason. If you want a great education, FAMU is for you. If you want to be a part of a family, a nation, where we support and lift each other up then FAMU is for you. If you want to look back on your undergraduate years and rejoice, FAMU is definitely for you.

Dionne

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is a person that does not like school at all.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is looking for the next thing after high school. The person should not be looking to attend this school just because their best friend is there or because that's where their parents went and they are going for those reasons only.

DeShaundra

Individuals who are not goal-oriented

Gregory

A person who isn't comfortable being areound a lot of African Americans probably shouldn't attend Florida A and M. The majority of the students and most of the teachers are African American. This is probably the only problem that a person would have with the school.

People who just want to party and have fun should not attend this school. People who aren't serious about their education; whom are not familiar nor interested in Historical Black Universities should not attend this school. Florida A&M is an institution of higher learning, that focuses on the education of their students and also teaching the knowledge of those African American historians who were the reason we are here today. So, people who just want a good time or can't grasp the importance of African American history can/should not attend.

Leon

The kind of individual who should not attend FAMU are: party only students, or those who do not like diverse populations, or those who do not like a two university medium size city. If you do not like school ,save you money and the university's time.

Corey

A student who cannot deal with peer pressure should not attend this school. There are alot of alcholic activities that proceed on this campus, so if you feel that your friends can influence you a great deal then you should not attend this university.

Keairra

Florida A&M University is a friendly and family oriented environment. No one should not be denied into this University, considering the fact that it?s a family oriented. FAMU does not discriminate any race, gender or sexuality therefore anyone is accepted or belongs to this University. In my opinion, many students should attend this University to get a great educated and great experience with exploring different cultures and being in the midst of a great family oriented atmosphere. No one is denied and I would only encourage others to join this prestigious University.

Monique

People that are not pursuing academic success.

Akil

My school is not for any person who does not want the best educational experience of their lifetime. My school encourages social meetings and events; any person who can not handle having fun while being educated should not apply to my university.

dannis

Individuals who expect the typical university with large lecture halls and stress-focused classes. This is a developing college which hasn't learned to challenge its students at every level, besides just those with certain majors. Students who expect a diverse university should really consider going to the college across the railroad tracks. The university can't be blamed so much for having a racial majority as their student body but should focus on accepting other students who could contribute to the school.

Someone who is prejudice towards African- Americans.

If you are a student who expects the professor to "spoon-feed" you and give you a grade for just gracing the class with your presence this is not the university for you. All of the professors have worked hard to get where they are and they expect you to work hard also. If you don't take your own education seriously than nobody is going to take you seriously. If you are afraid to open a book, attend class, and ask the professor for help when you need it this is not the place for you.

Ja'Tia

At Florida A&M University there is no student shouldn't attend. We welcome everyone from any race, economic, social background. I felt so at home here in Tallahassee it was a phenominal feeling. Everyone was very nice and filled with Rattler Pride. The only exception would be someone who is a home body because they wouldn't have fun because at FAMU they encourage students to get out and enjoy their college experience to the fullest!

Alfonso

Some one who can not interact with a large group of people. If you are not a person that wants to have friends and associates and become more involved in campus life then coming to this school may be a good choice. Furthermore, those students who feel that they are entitled to something in life will get a big awakening on the campus becuase nothing is handed out for free. You have to work for whatever you want at this campus which I think prepares individuals for their lives outside of college.

A student that is not open to new people and new things, looking for a big college atmosphere, and has a shy personality.

Demetrius

i guess any non-social person, who doesn't like to ask people for help is the type that shouldn't attend this school

Anamarie

1. Intraverts, the campus is lively. Its big enough to have your own circle, but you have to be willing to be invovled in campus life. Social, groups studies, parties, welcome week events, SGA events, etc. 2. People who like to be different. The campus if full of majority southerners who do not appreciate individuality. They will frown upon you or laugh. So people appreciate it and compliment, but not in most cases. 3. Students that enjoy city life shhould NEVER come. Most gas stations are NOT 24 hours. THATS CRAZY!!!

Anessa

A person who does not like what a family is all about, plain and simple.

Adrienne

someone who is easily distracted by all of the parties, and the social life on campus

Charnequa

People afraid of Black people, and those who need extravagent dorms

A person who is prejudice or racist should not attend this university nor should a person that s not open minded to new things.

Trey

Someone who doesn't want to recieve and eduction. The teachers will try all they can, but it is up to the student to want to learn.

Ryen

Someone who is easily distracted and is a follower rather than a leader should not attend this school.

Valerie

The type of person that should attend is someone that's not ready to work hard and being focused. Its very hard because their is someone that wants to do the same career so you always want to be the best.

Wolfson

A closed minded person who isnt pround to be an african american

Marlon

FAMU is for everyone. It's a social school that gets you involved with more than just parties.

R.

A person with an aversion to het because it can get hot in Tallahassee.

ketiwe

Someone who is easily strayed by a lot going on. There are so many activities and parties going on on campus that it could easily turn into 6 years before getting a degree if you are not focused.

This school is for anyone that wishes to fulfill an education

Ashely

The type of people that should not attend this school are those who are gifted. This school is below you and you need to go somewhere where you can be academically challenged.

Chauneva

If you are not apt to being around a lot of African Americans, I do not recommend you go to FAMU. FAMU is the #1 HBCU in the country.