Florida State University Top Questions

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

I will never forget the First Market Wednesday I experienced! Market Wednesday is where many vendors of various things like clothes, jewelry, videos, posters, and so on come out and set up at the Student Union. There is always music playing, and my first experience of Market Wednesday was a large crowd formed just outside the Student Union on the Union green, dancing to a live DJ and getting free popcorn, shirts, and other free goodies! I think I ran to class that day! I did not keep track of time!

Allyson

The day we played Oklahoma (2011), campus was WILD. There were seminole fans everywhere, crowding around Doak Campbell stadium and chanting and singing our fight song. The Game Day crew was here, too. And when the game started, the Seminole nation roared and didn't stop until it was over.

Witnessing a game of humans vs. zombies, a game played on campus consisting of two teams and nerf guns. As I was walking out of class a battle between the humans and the zombies... it was hilarious.

A day on campus that I will never forget is the day that Florida State, ranked #5, played #1 Oklahoma in football. Early in the morning, ESPN College Game Day was in front of the Unconquered Statue at the stadium, and there were hundreds and hundreds of people there! Everyone had funny signs and the cheerleaders were there and I was surrounded by all types of FSU fans, old and young! There were tailgates and parties all over campus all day, and the atmosphere was so incredible. The moment I walked into the sold-out stadium, I was so overwhelmed with pride for my school. Despite the loss, it was the loudest, most spirited, craziest game I've ever attended! I have neve rhad an experience like it before.

I am a part of Florida State's largest student run organization, Dance Marathon! Before Christmas Break, we organized to have a dancing flash mob in the union where everyone walks through on campus and hangs out at. It came out of nowhere and the look in people's faces were priceless. Dancing in the middle of the union for a great cause in the middle of the day was a day on campus I'll never forget!

My first night staying in my residence hall, I was woken up by a knock on my door by a student group who had put a slip-n-slide all the way down the green outside my hall! It was my first fun experience at FSU!