Florida State University Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

Parking, no doubt about it. There are a lot of students with cars and not enough parking spots. I don;t have a car yet so thankfully I don't have to worry about it, but I plan to get one over the summer. Most of my friends who do have cars complain all the time about not being able to find a spot, so if you do have a car I suggest really taking use of the buses if you live off campus. If you do drive to campus though I suggest trying to manage your time wisely and leave earlier so you are not late to class.

One of the complaints I hear a lot is that the buses do not come as often as students would like them to. Most come every 10 minutes, with several different routes, but sometimes there is a gap or break in between buses.

Parking. Easily. Without doubt. That, however, is not a reason to go to a different school. They are currently building a massive parking garage by the stadium and there are FREE FSU busses that run between FSU and nearly every student housing apartment within 3 miles of campus. If you're willing to walk 15-20 minutes, you can always find parking (excluding 1st week of school).

Parking. There are around 40,000 students at FSU and only around 4,000 student parking spots. Its a problem, but one the school is slowly but surely working on.

There isn't much to complain about when you are a student here at Florida State. But, when it comes to the busses, the students are driven crazy. The busses are always late. In the afternoon, the busses are packed full with students, like sardines in a tin can. You have to leave at least thirty minutes before class if you are planning on taking the bus any time after nine o'clock. Florida State is a great school, but they have to work on their bus system.

Registration. It's terrible. You've got everyone running around like crazy. You've got the ones that want the perfect schedule, the slackers that are trying to fill the minimum requirement of classes, and then you have those majors that just open enough classes or only have one class open for that particular subject like meteorology. And of course, when you come back from break you decide you don't like your schedule after all or you want to have Fridays off. So there you are online, the internet is slow because everyone is on fighting to register for classes and you think, "How do I avoid this mess?" Easy. The first thing you want to remember is that the more credits you come in with, the higher priority you have for registration so dual enrollment, AP classes and IB are your best friends because in the pecking order of registration, freshmen are last. Now the other big thing to remember is HONORS. They have priority registration so even though orientation is a pain in the butt, in the end, it is so totally worth it. You will have the best schedule. Just remember to wake up early to register because even Honors students are competitive with their schedules.

Gian

The city of Tallahassee, because there isn't much going on in the city itself.

Students definitely complain the most about the lack of parking, and these complaints are very legitimate. For such a huge school, FSU does not have a proper amount of parking. There is hardly any parking around dorms, which leads students to park in garages which are at least a 15 minute walk from any dorm. Driving to class is a horrific experience; most students just walk because finding a parking spot will take 30 minutes at the height of the school day. Off-campus students take the bus because parking is so hard to find. FSU definitely needs to become more aware of its parking situation.

PARKING!!! Every student has a problem with campus parking, off campus towing, and even finding parking at apartment complexes. It's an important factor to take into consideration for finding a place to live, where your classes are, and when you take them.