Fort Valley State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fort Valley State University

Jaelyn

The students at Fort Valley State University are very friendly and tend to treat each other with respect. The faculty are very nice and resourceful, though there is a lack of communication between various departments, such as financial aid and admissions. Overall, if you want to get away from the city, then Fort Valley State University is for you.

quimyre

Fort Valley State University is a historically black university full of so many different personalities! The people on campus are very nice, intelligent, and friendly. The professors are understanding and patient when it comes to students and/or excuses. When you are here, you will connect and network with so many different individuals who's main focus is to better you for post-graduation.

Erica

It's an okay school. The teachers here really care about you. Take out time to visit your professor sand talk to them about your grades and other academic stuff. They usually have advice on what to take and with who. There is always an event that is occurring. You are usually notified about in your school email, so always check it. Overall, you'll only be miserable there if you don't take the time to go out and participate in activities and clubs.

Mekali

I think Fort Valley State University is a wonderful environment, there may be some parties and other things happening but that' a normal college campus. I like the smaller classes, they make it easier to get to know your classmates and your teacher. I would advise bringing a car or making friends with cars because there i a good distance from mot stores you needed. I would change my college for the world.

Vakeshia

Fort Valley State University is a wonderful institution that provides students, faculty, and staff that home away from home feeling. We're known as family here at FVSU. Despite the negative encounters no one can take away how great this institutions is and how it's help molded so many lives throughout the years. FVSU has taught more than just academics, but it has taught me how to stand up for myself, how to become to better person, and it has also given me an extended family for life. Overall it's a great school with so many opportunists for you to grow.

Edward

Fort Valley State University is the place to go if you need a breath of fresh air. It's a decently sized campus with mostly new dorms that are pretty comfortable. The town it's in doesn't offer much to do aside from parties, but the surrounding area offers movies, and other activities aside from parties.

Sabirah

Overall my experience at The Fort Valley State University has been a learning experience. I transferred here my sophomore more year and began working as a RA. I was more engaged with the students and met many new people as well as my current teachers. Our school may be small, but we have a big future.

Zakia

I believe that Fort Valley State University is a great school. I have had some great experiences on this campus. I believe that everyone should receive the HBCU experience. Considering the fact that I have learned a lot from my professors alone, I have enjoyed my time here at this institution.

Shantaniqua

Fort Valley State University is a great school with small class sizes and amazing food. The teachers and students are nice, the campus is small, and the food is AMAZING. The dorms are not traditional, so you do not have to go to sleep looking someone else directly in their face. My only complaint is the financial aid process.

Zenzeale

I love Fort Valley State University. From the professors to staff to campus life I love everything about it. I cannot wait to spend my next four years here. Even though I am only a freshman at Fort Valley State University, everytime I go visit they always make my parents and I feel welcome and safe

Rayna

Fort Valley State University is the place your vocation way will come to fruition through character and scholarly development. FVSU's profound feeling of deep sense is the center of our way of life, where understudies with assorted foundations turn out to be family as they take their places as new leaders in a wide exhibit of fields.

Kyra

My first semester of freshman year at Fort Valley State University has been an exciting one. Everyone on campus is very nice and willing to help somebody in need. My peers do not wan to see anyone struggle with classes. They are willing to help tutor people in any and every way. As for the professors, they are very willing to make sure you have everything you need to understand the criteria. They always are available after class for questions and also have office hours. The housing is a very safe environment and campus safety is always around. My RA and RLC are people I feel like I can go to when I am having problems. The school as a whole is amazing especially when we all get together for either a football game or community service. Fort Valley is big on making sure our community is well kept. I couldn't be happier than I am at The Fort Valley State University.

Reaiah

Fort Valley State University is a school that really cares about their students. Once you come to Fort Valley State University you see that all over there's nothing but beautiful scenery and students. Students are like family to each other; we help each other out no matter what because we are family. I highly advise students who look into coming to Fort Valley State University to please do! The dorms are gorgeous, the food is worth eating, and the professors are phenomenal! We aren't just a student number, but we're family to them.

Jami

Fort Valley State University is an institution that shows black excellence. Also, Fort Valley State University has superior agricultural programs and is one of the many agricultural colleges in the United States. In my few months of experience with the school, my academic experience has been exemplary. All you need to succeed is serious dedication through study, prayer, self-motivation, and motivation from friends or colleagues. It amazes me how F.V.S.U.(Fort Valley State University) was established only 30 years up from slavery. Additionally, Fredrick Douglass had just passed away 4 months after the universities founding. What makes the university even more special, is the determination of recently freed black slaves to get an education. They were willing to risk getting lynched and beaten just to get an education. Among the students of FVSU and even other Historically Black Colleges and Universities their zeal to learn was so great. Many great black scholars, mathematicians, engineers, and people in many other fields came from this zeal. As of now, all students at FVSU and Historically Black Colleges and Universities must gain this zeal again. We have a great future ahead of us as long as we continue to get an education in many fields and apply our knowledge to help our communities and the world. In conclusion, Fort Valley State University shows excellence. Lastly, I love FVSU and what it stands for.

DeVante'

Fort Valley State is a great school filled with down to earth people.

Wanya

Fort Valley State is a great school, however its just so far from the city I kind of get tired of seeing grass fields. Besides that I recommended everyone to attend the awesome HBCU. Its cheap, Professors are always there to help, and plus did I mention its CHEAP!

Si-Apria

I love my FVSU

Alexzanah

Fort Valley is a very intimate institution. If being close to your professors, having small classes and being familiar with faculty and staff is not for you the FVSU isn't the school for you. However, there are still things we have to work on like our food and our football, but hey we full of love and care. Everyone here genuinely wants to not only see you be the best you can but also help you do it in any way that they can.

Cori

Fort Valley State University is one of the best HBCU’s in Georgia. In fact it was recognized as the number one public HBCU in Georgia. Most of my family have matriculated at this university, and all are very successful. FVSU is truly a family environment, and everyone here is friendly and wants you to succeed. FVSU produces nothing short of greatness, ultimately empowering the possible. I’m proud to be a wildcat, and I want the world to know I love my HBCU.

De'Andre

My overall opinion of The Fort Valley State University is that it is a great school you feel at home while attending the school. The professors and staff expect highly of the students education . Fort Valley State University is a very small school but you will become a scholar student while attending

Korbian

I feel as though it is a exceptional school that offers a lot more than people perceive it to be. You are honestly given an opportunity to make a difference in your community. This is a driven family oriented establishment and I love it . I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys having a great time and achieving goals .

Jayla

Fort Valley is an amazing school. Its really welcoming and easy to fit in,but the financial offices could do a better job at answering the phones. But i also understand that it 's many people calling in. I wish the cafeterias would be open longer considering the fact that I have A lat class that ends at 7:15 so I have to eat dinner early. I wish some of the class sizes were a bit smaller but it'll do.

Bryce

The culture of the school is in its rebuilding stage. Having the opportunity to attend a university where all of your professors genuinely care for their students, and their successes is by far the best quality a university can have. Fort Valley State University is my home away from home. My professors set standards that they expected all of their students to meet, and disrespect inside or outside of the classroom was never acceptable. I truly appreciate the rigorous curriculum that keeps me engaged in learning.

Zsantinque

I am very positive that at Fort Valley State University, I will feel at home. There's no doubt that I will not achieve my goals there. My goals at Fort Valley are to get my academic courses out of the way in order to transfer to Savannah College of Art and Design, and I know I will achieve that very goal.

Alexia

Fort Valley is a good school despite what others think. It is beginning to be a thriving HBCU with tons of new renovations upcoming. It has plenty of character and good diversity. Academics are excellent and easy enough to pass and also excel in. I have had no problems with any professors and have taught me a lot in the past semester. Dorms are good, cafeteria is alright, plenty of extracurriculars, and there isn't that much walking. The farthest walk is at most 10 minutes.

I'Kia

Fort Valley State is a friendly Little school. Everybody is very welcoming!

destini

Fort Valley is a great starter college and is full of faculty and students who naturally make you feel comfortable and welcomed to the school . The class room sizes vary but professors will make sure they are heard regardless . Many things to do while on campus , not too many things outside of campus .

Jacob

As a senior in high school willing and ready to succeed on a college level, I know that Fort Valley State University is the place for me. The president loves the current and incoming scholars who are going to attend FVSU! Also the teachers always have a smile on their face.

kaniya

I love being apart of the wildcat family. Everything we do it is done as a family. The staff and professor play a big impact in the way you are treated on campus. They make you feel like you are at home. When you attend a activity on campus, you will experience the feeling that you are at a family reunion.

I think Fort Valley State is a very supportive school. They support their students and show that they really about what they do and how they do it. Although there's more schools that do that not every school. FVSU does a good job at showing students their wanted and they are welcomed there. Many students, myself included are always scared to start a new school and adjust to a new environment. The staff at Fort Valley show that they actually care about our presence there and are concerned about the students. It also is known for it's agricultural knowledge and I for one love agriculture and anything to do with animals. This is why I would like to study veterinary technology or medicine there at FVSU. I have also struggled financially my whole life. My mom doesn't work because she has two disabled children. Fort Valley is very understanding of that and have always been supportive of me. I just think they're a good school.

raven

I enjoy attending college at fort valley state university, It is a different environment positively and it’s much different than what i am used to. I have attended Fort Valley since 2016 and i have seen it expand as a community. Fort Valley has enhanced me into a better individual emotional , physically, and mentally. There is no other college i would want to attend.

Takandris

This school is my home away from home. Everyone is treated like family and its a very safe environment for growing minds.

Lawrence

The Fort Valley State University is a phenomenal institution. Like most schools we have areas that we are lacking. Overall though there is no way to substitute the growth that you will see in yourself here as an adult and student. The faculty are very helpful and want you to succeed, they will not let you give up on yourself. If you can get pass being kind of in the middle of nowhere and you make friends on campus I don't think you can beat the experience you will receive here.

JaMeka

It a fun experience and everyone gets treated like family!!

chris

I love my school and the experiences I've had here. When I first transferred there in 2016, my mindset was that I was going to class and nothing else. It didn't take for that to change as I started to get involved with extracurricular activities on campus as well as become a member of various organizations. The school gave me a second chance. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my HBCU.

Zy'Kierria

I believe that Fort Valley State University is a great school and they really focus on education. They are friendly and are willing to work with you on anything you need help with. This school can be your second home and you will make friends that will be your family in the long run.

Jaray

Fort valley is a smaller campus compared to others, but it’s still a really good school to attend our school pride is unmatched. And having a smaller campus allows you to have interactions with other students and overall make your college experience better.

Louren

The school is a older school but it still has very great academics opportunities and they also have a lot of sports opportunities as well.They also do keep you informed on up coming games and events happen in that school.I like how they showed us the schools and they also told us where most of the things are located in the campus.

Jaelen

The campus life is something to behold. Your first year here you will will meet people that will become friends that you cant imagine living life without. Certain teachers here will always show interest in the students that they teach. They will go out of their way to make sure you are getting everything you need to graduate.

semaya

The culture and environment at fort valley is unlike any other university. Everyone here is truly family and we all want to see each other succeed. There are plenty of activities held on campus throughout the week to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get involved around campus and the community.