Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

David

In 2008, David Delaney graduated highschool and was ready to move on in the direction he thought suitable for him. With no consulting in making his decision, he mistakenly left home and friends. In no time at all, highschool was over and David found himself hundreds of miles away inprocessing into America's Army. Two and a half months of self-driven torture ensued, yet didn't stop after graduation of basic training. Five more months of belittlement and regret followed through the graduation of individual training and then on to Fort Benning, GA. Now 1200 miles away from anybody he knows, the depression he found himself in in highschool is as real as it was any other day in the last seven months. A distant look at David's life, and anyone could plainly see the turmoil his soul is in. But it is what's beyond sight that paradoxes our usual outlook of life. In a most profound and amazing way, the God of the universe is working in all of this to bring David back to what is most important in life; Him. Now, if I were to go back, I wouldn't have myself change anything.

Taking the currrent recession into account, as we now have to with most of our daily choices, Frontrange Community College affords its students the comfort of lessened tuition with no trade-off to the education. The tuition cost for this school is but a fraction of any four year college, with most general transfer classes making it easy to transition elsewhere. There are also four locations of this college, where the attendee will have the ease of commuting to whichever location is most convenient. In fact, my personal schedule found its accomadation through two schools at the same time.

As any college, a student not dedicated to the classes given should not attend. If the student finds fraternities or other "college life" lifestyles more enticing than the actual education iteslf, they should first exhaust their ambitions elsewhere before finding themselves obstructing the other dedicated students. If it is otherwise done, certain consequences will arise. For instance, a failed class for an unfocused college student will mean a loss of money to the economy. Money is given on the basis that the government should reap the benefits of the education paid for if the student may put it into practice.

Ms

Our school is best known for helping people change their life, a community college first helps people look at a better future by allowing certifiaction programs, and associate degrees. Once a student gets that they then have the confidence, slef esteem, and drive to continue on ward and upward wiht their education and future.

I would take my time to find the perfect enviroment, support and knowledge for College. When a student first gets out of high school thay have a lot of options, a lot to look forward too and so many questions. I think a student fresh out of high school could benefit from a 6 month break to explore the world, get life exsperience, look at travel to different destinations through the college of your choice then while entering yout first year of college the student has explored options and has a better idea for a future education. Travel, college abroad programs, work experience or a transitional approach can really help a blossoming student. Students need to explore them self, reach inner knowledge to tap into there passion and then educate them self based on a passion. Thank you Jodi E Halsey January 2010

I have a reading disability, it has taken me longer to get things done, it has made it hard for me to get my associates degree beacause I need literature classes and math classes. My evaluation for my disablity had stated that I am very well above average in the visual and creative thinkin field, I just tested below average with reading and math.

Margaret

Humongous multi-leveled chance to morph into who we are in our dreams and waking thoughts.

Margaret, although it is tough to think about going back to school right after high school it is something that will change your life in a BIG way. I tell our children that life is tough enough, competition is fierce out there and there is nothing as expensive as getting an education except of course... not getting one. I struggle every day to keep a roof over my head and although I believe struggle can mold and define us and most times is good for the soul, I could do with a tad bit less of it. I have found I really REALLY like to throw myself into a job and like to be an important person in a business not just a clerk that can be replaced. I want to be able to help people make the right decisions on where their business should be going and help them to get there. I know you really don't know what you can do well, but I am here to tell you that you could be totally awesome in accounting. Your mind is like a sponge, let it play in the water of numbers and you will find yourself.

The kinds of people that should attend my school are hard working , struggling to make ends meet, with a desire to improve themselves and make their mark on life and the job market.

Gabriela

"Everything is going to be o.k.." When I was in my senior year I was a very nervous person, especially when thinking about college. I was always such a nervous wreck. I would get so nervous I would feel my eyes fill with tears. I was so embarrased someone would see me. Unfortunately, I took the easy way out and stopped going. This was back in 1996. "Go ahead, ask the question," "the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked,""don't worry cause your not the smartest one," "so what if you answer incorrectly?" and finally, "so what if you don't know what a 12 point font is?" This is what I would have told myself when I was a senior in high school, it have made my life alot easier.

The worst thing about my school is the distance from my house especially the traffic. It takes my approximately 50 minutes to get there. I must leave my home at 4:45 to my class that starts at 6:00. The other thing I don't like about my school is the layout or setting of the seats in my biology class. It is really hard to see the board. You have to get there early in order to get a good seat.

I believe anyone who is willing to learn is able to attend this school. Classes are offered in different ways, there are hybrid classes, online classes, and regular classes to fit any schedule.

Bhabana

one of the best advice I could give myself could be that is never to early to start applying for college and scholarships. Time doesnt wait for anyone but is never to hard to keep up with whats going on. I could also have told myself that i needed to go make an appointment to see my counselor to talk about college. There aren't any dump questions when it comes to college. They are there to help after all. My life could have changed if i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior after knowing what I know about college life.

I consider working and going to college worst thing because is hard to keep the grades up and working full time to pay for college.

I brag most about how professor are really nice and that is easy to work with them.

Darrick

Hey it's me. Well, I'm YOU from the future! Dude, seriously, don't worry AT ALL about going to college. You'll make friends easily and you'll find that you will fit in perfectly. Classes won't be so hard, since I've gone through them already, so don't worry about not having enough time to study. Plus, the resources that the school provides will be enough for you to do good in your classes. But be sure to spend your time WISELY, not just on studying, but with your outside plans as well. Otherwise you'll end up in your dorm, not knowing what to do next. And you better go to the beach too. It's amazing; it's the perfect place to relax and just enjoy your surroundings. Be careful riding that longboard all around campus! There's really steep downhills and, trust me, you're gonna have a couple of accidents. Nothing serious is going to happen. Just be tough! College is going to be the best experience ever! Don't freak out about me, I want to let you know what to expect! I'll say it again, DON'T WORRY!

Location. It's not that far from home, and the climate is perfect. It's right next to the beach, and so we get a good breeze and good weather. There's aso pretty good food here too, and the resources available are more than enough to help anyone get through school!

I wish I had known that I didn't have to worry so much about college life. It's really relaxing even with though classes and you have to be prepared spend time wisely, not just on studying, but also with your social life. If you don't you'll find so much extra and idle time; if you don't go out to find things to do, college will be dull.

Andrea

First of all, I would make sure I made it to my senior year. I would then make sure I used all options and websites that fit into my criteria and utilize them to the fullest. I would then to research in the overall programs offered and compare what would be best for my longterm success. Make sure I applied to all scholarships I qualified for and on a regular basis made it a weekly effort to search for any and all new ones out there. After finding the college that would best fit my needs and all other criteria i'm searching for I would go in with much greater confidence and absorb every and all opportunities available. Take advantage of the time and all resources available. I would not underestimate my ability and continously give my all to obtain the best acedemic merit I can.

I would have to say the class size, location, and cost for me

Any kind of person should attend this college. It works well with those who work or jsut can't afford a traditional university

Kiet

Front Range community college is an up-to-date school but with old fashion commitments to personal attention and small class sizes. Friendly staff and instructors who are always willing to help. Create this friendly and enjoyable atmosphere in which a student can grow and learn, it almost feels like a home away from home.

Front Range is best known for its career oriented class everything from accounting to nursing. And is the prime target for industry expasion and relocations.

With the knowledge I know about college life and making the transition, I would go back in time and tell myself to apply for as many scholarships and grants as humanly possible so that I wouldn't have to worry about how to pay for next semester and if I have enough funding for next semester. That is the one piece of advice I would give myself because if I would of known to apply for scholarships and grants then I wouldn't be stressing out about how to pay or be up to my eyeballs in debt when I graduate at the end of two years.

Kimberly

Front Range Community College is best known for its flexibility. There are morning, evening, and weekend classes. Front Range also offers two locations to attend. They have a school in Longmont and in Westminister. They also offer off-campus classes, ie: classes at local high schools.

I didn't consider any other schools. Front Range has everything I need for my major.

First of all I never completed high school. So I would tell myself, prior to dropping out of high school, that would be the worse mistake I could make. In order to have a career I must have an education; more than a high school education. Community college lets me take as many or as few classes as I can handle. Education is should be a priority in my life.

It has smaller class sizes and teachers seem to be more helpful.

It has smaller class sizes and teachers seem to be more helpful.

I was very aware of college but if I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would just advised myself to be more open and prepared.

This school is great for all students unless your not going to want to go to class.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.