George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Students who don't want the typical party school, it is a more conservative school so parties are not around every corner, but simply getting involved on campus will give you the heads up to the parties. So, it allows a perfect blend of students who are academic but wouldn't mind to party every once in a while. The cultural diversity is huge, but everyone is friendly. It has been a unique experiance from my perspective and I have learned a lot about different countries simply by talking with other students.

George Mason University has a very diverse community. Students from all over the world, of different races and ethnicities are gathered here. It offers a wide variety of majors. It has plenty of opportunities for every one such as on campus jobs, student organizations etc etc. So anyone interested in having a lifetime experience of fun and education should come here. This place is meant for everyone who wants to have a bachelors degree. No one will ever feel that they are not meant to be here.

This is a heavy commuter school. The vast majority of students that attend George Mason University live in the surrounding area and live off-campus. The school is trying very hard to attract more on-campus students with a wide variety of student organizations and activities. The college experience is what you make it and a you can get a lot out of it but with GMU trying to expand so fast be prepared for a lot of friction and confusion in trying to get yourself situated.

A person who is very tolerant of people that are different than they are, someone who would enjoy learning about different places, people, and cultures. A person who likes a tight community that does it without being closed off from the rest of the community. GMU is a place where innovation is tradition, where change is constantly happening. I honestly feel like George Mason is for anyone who wants to get the most out of their learning (and not just in the classroom).

Due to the large diversity found at George Mason University, individuals of any background can attend the school and find a place to fit in. Furthermore since participation in school activities is greatly encouraged, students who have the desire to be a part of extra curricular activities would find the school to their liking. Thus students who have the desire to further their education and want to be involved in the George Mason community, should attend the school.

George Mason University is a really diverse school with very friendly faculty and even friendlier students. George Mason University is suitable for any student who knows how to study hard and balance work with fun. There are students from all over the United States and all over the world and George Mason University really feels like home. George Mason University is for anyone, especially those who are accepting, hard-working and fun-loving!

Mason is a school that is described by some Northern Virginia kids as just a college too close to home. But, while it has commuters, such as myself, there are also people from all over the world. If one is looking for a strong education and are want to be close to DC without actually being there, Mason is the best choice. It offers many connections and is full of amazing Mason Nation pride to any one who wants to experience it.

People who are willing to work hard and dig deep to get the best education and experience possible. People who are serious about growing as individuals and being open-minded to all that the world has to offer are the kind of people who should be at George Mason. Students who want to take advantage of the campus location near Washington, D.C. and the opportunities of having a variety of strong companies to gain work experience.

Whoever attends this school should be very self-motivated and hardworking. There aren't many restrictions for students living on campus, such as myself; especially not for incoming freshmen. There is no curfew or other regulations like that. Therefore, a lot of the pressure is on the individual. It is a lot of responsibility at once. So strong-willed individuals with a good support system should attend.

Someone who likes being near a city but not right in the middle of it. This school is good for people who value diversity and who enjoy a variety of different activities, clubs, classes, views, and other aspects of life. This school is good for those who like to party but also for those who don't. It is academically challenging but school does not take over your life here. It's a great school.