George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Try to figure out your interests first and then try to find the college that focuses around that. Keep in mind if you want to be around family, urban or rural areas, and also keep in mind to be in an area where you can go to work, intern, or etc. that is near your school. It won't help if you go to a rural school far from any orgs. or insititutions that can help you get your foot in the door.

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. So many research sources that have been so helpful to me. I never knew what college would be like for me. I never even thought I would attend college. The teachers and staff are so very helpful. They have kept me going when I felt like quitting. I understand how important a college education is and I am so happy to be a life-long learner.

Students, go to college on your own terms. Listen to the advise carefully, be grateful for it, but in the end make your own decision. Stand by what you believe in and don't water down who you are because it's what you think the admissions office wants to hear. Whatever you do, don't fear the new and unusual, as it is often the new and unusual that makes all the difference in our world.

To just relax, it is not as hard as you think it will be. Not to worry because there are tons of people at the university that will help you if you need any help transitioning. The begining will be different and strange for you, you will get used to it and you will enjoy it. Have fun and to always keep up with your school work, don't fall behind because it is hard to catch back up.

Choose your college major yourself. Do not let other people influence your decision. You need to choose the academic program that makes you happy. If you are not happy studying something, you probably will not be happy doing it for a living. You are going to be investing a lot of time and money into your college education. Make that investment one that will yield happiness for you.

I have been taught to be responsable and punctual. I used to be late to all my classes in Highschool and gotten away with a B or even an A. Now, I feel that if I am not responsable with my assignments, projects, etc. it will damage my career, because I feel that this is the time in where young adult's lifes are being shaped and an understanding of the world is being made.

Don't put it off. Fight for it and take the chance when you have someone there to help you and get it done. Don't think that just because you did bad in High School that you will do bad in college. You do amazing and you are a fighter. You work your butt off and do what needs to be done to make sure that you and your son have an amazing life. College is always possible.

Whatever school you end up at will become the "right" school if you make the most of it. Follow your heart but also think practically. Embrace every opportunity you are presented with while at college. Be outgoing and open-minded. Also be conscientious and responsible--this is more important to doing well academically than being smart. Do your best, and have fun!

My college experience has opened many doors that would have remained otherwise shut. I have learned that my drive is what will make or break a class, and the effort I put into it is what I get out of it. The greatest value college has given me is my families support. They have really stuck by my side to help me get to class, and finish my projects. Thanks MOM

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would advise myself as a college senior to think ahead more. I didn't apply to very many schools, and I only applied for a few scholarships-- and now, in college, I find myself wishing that I had fully considered my options and taken advantage of every opportunity. The best advice is simple: Be prepared.