George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Go wherever the atmosphere is right and where you feel comfortable. I got into "better" schools than Mason, but I just clicked with the University more than any other. Don't listen to what anybody else has to say about the school; if it feels right for you, go there!

For students to think long and hard about what they want career wise and how their school can help them achieve those goals. Once they have figured this out, to look hard at what each school offers and if the student would feel comfortable in that environment.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships much earlier. There are so many out there and I never knew, i just assumed financial aid would cover everything. It doesn't. Grants are great, but there are only so many out there. Scholarships are plentiful.

Take the time to really think about what it is you want in a college. Be sure to look beyond the schools name and always visit, because you never really know a school unless you've been there. Finally talk to as many students and faculty members as you can

Hey Farah! you are nice and naive so be prepared for college. Have fun and study hard. Always ask for help when you need it. Professors are just like rest of us, they want to be appreciated and want to know that you are interested in learning.

Be patience,life isnt easy. Working hard and trying is all it takes. when it seems too hard,and you just want to walk away,take a deep breath...and be patience. Its all worth it in the end. Have faith in yourself,you will be alright. I promise.

I would tell myself to work harder and to not give up on my dreams. College requires a lot of focus and dedication and often times it involves giving up things you love and free time in order to acheive the things you want out of your grades.

Study hard from the beginning and take advantage of the resources given. Use your professors and get to know them - they are INCREDIBLE people! Never, EVER, give up, and enjoy your beautiful time while you have it :) School is amazing.

Basically look at all the schools in the area before deciding on which on is best for you child. George Mason is easily affordable but there are quite a few better schools in the DC area that your child would benefit more from.

Find a job on campus that pays a good wage but still allows you to get your homework done. By the time you get your undergraduate degree you'll have saved enough money to pay for your graduate degree without taking out loans.