George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Make sure that this is the college for your child. When making a decision weigh out the pros and cons about for perfect school based on your expectations.

Visit the campus first. Find out what you really want in a university and research whether or not the university your choosing has what you want.

I would live at home to save money instead of living on campus. I would also learn some cooking skills so I wouldn't have to microwave everything!

College is expensive. Look at all aspects of a college before you invest, not only the money, but also your valuable time, in the school.

MAKE SURE YOUR CHILDREN HAVE A SAY IN WHERE THEY GO AND LET THEM GET A FEEL FOR THE CAMPUS BEFORE THEY JUMP INTO TE SWING OF THINGS

Visit everyone that you are interested in. Actually being there and experiencing the campus and people will help you enormously.

Always get the inside scoop from someone attending the college that has similar interests and goals as your own or your childs.

I would tell myself to relax. It is not as difficult as you think. Nobody here wants to see you fail, they want to help you.

Just be prepared for more course work. It is kind of a punch in the face when you first begin, but it does get easier.

Make sure the student feels at home and in an environment that he or she can grow both intellectually and personally.