George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

The most frustrating part about George Mason is the difference the appearance of on-campus activities, and the reality of on-campus events and activities. they are told about all the wonderful groups, clubs, events, performances, etc. that the school offers. But once classes start and everyone settles in, all those activities and opportunities seem to disappear. Some groups advertize themselves, but really don't do much. Others are extremely costly. Some are scheduled at bad times. It has been difficult for me to become involved in campus activies because of these issues.

Parking is fustrating! For freshman students attending George Mason University, parking is either one of two options: far away or extremely expensive. Even for commuters, parking is still costly. Sophomores and graduate students are able to obtain parking passes at a fair distance from the center of campus at a good price. However, during normal business hours, it is a real fight in order to even find a spot in the majority of the parking lots located on campus. If you park in the lots located off campus, shuttles are un-timely and don’t really operate on weekends.

The most frustrating thing about my campus is that due to the amount of commuter students, there are very few things readily available to do on campus on the weekends. This is not to say there is nothing to do, I just believe it takes more effort to find things than it normally would on a more residential campus. I think by providing students more opportunities for entertainment and dining during off-hours, then the school would have a better since of community. Currently, the gap between residental and commuter students leads to a lack of overall school spirit.

Parking is horrible at GMU. Parking permits do not guarantee parking. With the Patriot Center and constant venues being held there , such as concerts, basketball games, circus, and Disney on Ice, parking is even more crazy. Parking is very bad at night as well. GMU seems to be excessively spending to build up its reputation as the "Number One School in the Nation to Watch". They recently added a new parking deck, engineering building, art building, and renovated a sports complex. In addition, GMU has plans of building a conference center and hotel on site.

The most frustrating thing about George Mason is that by studying there, you will feel compelled to expand your knowledge by wanting to study all over the world in faraway countries. The problem is that George Mason cannot be in all of these fascinating places at once. You want to go learn, explore and develop into your personal best. Although Mason has an incredible study abroad department, you will probably not be able to financially afford the multiple traveling and studying abroad trips that Mason has inspired you to want to do.

I come from a single parent home and I have three brothers, one of which whom is also in college. With that being said my mother really doesnt have the means to assist me with my education. Mason goes up on the tuition every year and I've been having to find a way to pay some of my tuition out of pocket. Not having the money to do so results in me having to use credit cards to pay it off. My financial situation hasn't changed so i'm not sure how they expect me to pay.

I just came from attending NOVA and it's frustrating to get used to a new life in a 4-year university. I'm having trouble getting to know people and I commute and also work so I never have a chance to stay at school and meet new people. I want to meet new people so i can make new friends and people who I can study with. I want to do very well in my studies and so far it's been struggling a little bit but I dont want to give up. I want to keep trying.

The most frustrating thing about George Mason University is that it is hard to feel a sense of unity at times. There are a lot of commuters that attend here, so campus life can get dull and boring. Especially on the weekends, it is hard to find activities to do or people to hang out with. Nights can also be pretty slow once all the students have gone home for the day. It would be fun if more people stuck around on campus at night or on the weekends!

I play football for the George Mason Club team, and probably, at least to me, the most frustrating about my school is the complete lack of support from the admissitration to the football team. We've had a few seasons in a row almost get cancelled on us becuase there is not but interest in the team because not many people know about us. It would be nice to get a little more backing from the administration so we can get more people on the field.

The teachers don't know how to teach, and some can be rude. Their grading is unfair. I been studying more than ever and still I have reached a little over average grade. The syllabus is not very accurate for most classes. Tests are hard to get an A. Teachers do not even read the book themselves, they only read the powerslides. I have been streesed for the last couple of weeks. I am very displeased with this university.