Grand Rapids Community College

« See more reviews of Grand Rapids Community College

The most frustrating thing about GRCC would have to be the parking. We have only two parking ramps for students to use, and they are full every day around 9am. This causes ridiculous traffic around campus and makes it nearly impossible to drive any where. On an average morning, I can find myself waiting to park for at least an hour. There are too many students and not enought parking. It certainly makes me feel very stressed in the mornings, which is not a great way to start of a day packed with classes.

The cost of supplies! Tuition at Kendall College of Art and Design is around 17 grand a year. This does not include the money I have to spend on supplies for all of my classes. Plus the cost of books and also they make you buy a Macbook Pro. The college does not offer any kind of housing. They suggest an apartment complex that is 600 dollars a month per person! I could never be able to afford anything like that. My roomate and I were forced to go house hunting in an unfimilair city.

Anyone who has ever gone to or visited Grand Rapids Community College will tell you that the most frustrating thing is: Parking. The 6-story parking ramp is no walk in the park to deal with at 9 in the morning. Although as frustrating as the parking ramp can be a hastle at times, other times it's completely empty and actually a quite convienient place to safely park your car.

It is not challenging enough. I currently have a 4.0. I would really like to be challenged more, I work a full-time job, and I am a full-time student, and I am still able to maintain plenty of free-time.

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing is the two year waiting list to get in the nursing program.

Being a fulltime student is very time consuming and hard job but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

I haven't really ran into any problems here at GRCC yet.

There are little to no "perks," like a gym or parking

Parking is expensive and can be difficult to find.