Grand Valley State University Top Questions

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Grand Valley State University has gone to great lengths to offer students places to study. In the Kirkhof Center, there are tables and chairs scattered all over the place. And not just plastic crap, we're talking big comfy sofas and armchairs set in front of long, low tables. In almost every building on campus, there are secluded spaces where you can go to study. In Mackinac, one of the busiest buildings on campus, every floor has study alcoves in the corners. In between classes, you have solid hour-long periods where you are unlikely to be disturbed. Zumberge Library is always a good option, with four floors of quiet, comfy seating, and computers make for the perfect study environment I'm in the Honors College, so I have it even better, with at least one of my classes per semester being in the same building as my apartment (you can literally roll out of bed and walk down the hall in your pjs to get to honors classes), multiple closed-off conference/study rooms on every floor, and the classrooms are left unlocked after hours, so you can use the actual classrooms for large study/movie parties using the projectors (sooo much fun! ). The point is, if you need piece and quiet, you will be able to find it.

The library, hands down.