Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

Hamilton College truly is a community. The small size of the student body coupled with a tight knit homey campus allows everyone to form life long bonds. Professors, adminstrators, and school employees add to this community feel. Everyone is friendly and willing to help students with any problem they may have. Hamilton also provided a great deal of academic freedom and flexibility. There are no core course requirements, so one is trulyable to focus on what interests them. Professors are eager to listen to student ideas, and more than willing to aid them in their intellectual pursuits.

It doesn't have a core curriculum allowing students to experiment and take courses they really enjoy. There are requirements for your major. Students are encouraged to study abroad. Classes are small. There are two dinning halls and a dinner. Their is food for all taste. The staff is extremely friendly. Many professors have an outside relationship with students. Some professors are life long mentors. Alumni have a say in school policy and donate accordingly. The library has many resources including databases and amazing knowledgeable staff.

Pretty much I just graduated from Hamilton and I cannot believe I will not be going back there. Driving up the hill gives me the feeling in my stomach like I am finally home. Life after Hamilton has been very good because I have many connections and my friends and I have kept quite close, but if I had the chance to do another year there I would in a heart beat. Anyone who gets in to Hamilton and doesn't go is missing out on what could have been the best four years of their life so far.

The biggest complaint from girls AND guys is that the dating scene isn't any good. its not that no one wants to be in a relationship-- in fact, most people from both sexes do-- it's just that with all the scrutiny that comes with a small campus, it's hard to keep everything separate or private. It's a lot of fun having classes in rooms with fireplaces and wood floors.

Hamilton is the place I've always dreamed of. I never thought there would be a place where I could just feel I belonged. College is a microcosm of the real world, and if the real world is anything like Hamilton, I can't wait to get there.

Even though I might have said some negative things about Hamilton, it's still a great school. It has it's downfalls, but because it's such a small community you make great friends and manage to always have a good time.

Campus Safety is pretty useless and takes forever to get on a scene. I feel safe on this campus not because of them, just because I don't really think there's a threat of anything serious happening to me.

I love Hamilton. i love it in the way that you grow to love something you have committed to, through thick and thin. And I think that is a realistic way to experience college, not an idealistic one.

Anyone would be lucky to go here, but you have to be a self starter and intellectually curious. You can't sit back and let others dictate; Its a place for innovators, gutsy, talented individuals.

The emphasis on writing and writing well. Also, some programs are especially strong (such as Chinese), so it helps to know what general area you are looking to major in.