Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

Political groups are really active, athletic events like football get good attendance but other sports teams aren't as popular, the housing system is fantastic since you can choose who to live with and the house fosters a great sense of community ,sororities/frats aren't very popular and are almost looked down on, finals clubs are obnoxious but throw good parties, dating does not happen here(you either hook up or are in a relationship, no middle ground)

Harvard has something going on all the time. Whether you want to go to a dance or listen to a renowned politician, you can do pretty much anything. Also, despite the fact that students work very hard, they do find time for a social life. Most people aren't cooped up in their rooms all day long and don't talk to anyone. People eat together, visit each others' rooms to hang out, etc.

Social life at Harvard has a lot to offer for all kinds of people. People who enjoy parties will definitely find a lot of those be it in snazzy finals clubs or in sweaty, congested common rooms in Houses. Then, there are plenty of concerts/theater shows and so on to occupy the more artsy. Harvard Square in itself is a great little town for socializing with various pubs and restaurants.

I hear people partying a lot, but I prefer not to. I like to think of myself as humorous, occasionally lively, friendly, and mostly easy-going, but I prefer smaller group gatherings without alcohol. For my recreation, I like to breed LIFE (as in plants and small animals). I recently bought a pet snake, but I'm not sure if that's against school rules.

Most popular clubs? I don't really know. I guess a lot of people work at the Crimson newspaper, but it's not, like, SUPER-popular. No frats. There ARE finals clubs, but those are kind of stupid. Since it's a city campus, there're restaurants open even late, which is fantastic. In general, living so close to Boston is really, really great.

I have a group of close, real friends. Other than that, I keep to myself. I do not enjoy the "going out" scene here, but that's okay because I get more than enough of that when I am home. What I like about Harvard is that it doesn't matter what you do. You can go out, you can stay in; people generally respect your preferences.

The are clubs/organizations of anything you can and cannot possibly think of. If you can think of anything, it probably exists at Harvard. Social life is good during freshman year and they go to parties a lot, but later on people get settled down a bit and are much more busy so they will party much less.

The sailing team has a pretty active social scene. They have parties just about every thursday, and everyone on the team goes, and it's really fun. Some students leave their doors open, but, being on the first floor right next to the main door to the dorm, we usually lock ours.

I leave my doors open. I met my closest friends freshman year - we all lived in the same dorm. We are still living together. If I am awake at 2am Tuesday, I would be struggling with my thesis. I party once a week, and I drink. I got wasted last weekend.

Dorm doors are usually open all the time, social life is actually better than I expected it to be before I came here. Whether you like to party or not, you'll find the group of people here (or rather, they'll find you) that fit your tastes.