Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

To some extent. A very high percentage of students major in economics and do indeed become bankers. It is not necessarily because they are insensitive but because they just want to make money after all the hard work and pressure they have lived through.

I am pretty sure that Harvard students are smart. But then everyone comes from a different background, I am not sure that everyone is rich and privileged. I certainly am not. As for clothes, I haven't seen enough MIT students to be able to judge that.

A small percentage of the student body seems to be represented by the stereotypes mentioned above - at least superficially. The rest are made up of the collegiate mix seen in every other university in the US. Thats what I'd imagine at least.

Harvard is so diverse (that is the only one I can say is entirely true) that while it is true you'll find people who fit all of these stereotypes, not any one Harvard student fits all of them, and you'll find many students who fit none.

In as much as any stereotype is going to be accurate about a certain percentage of the group you're stereotyping. I'd say that you probably get more type A overachievers at Harvard than elsewhere, but far from everyone is that way.

Nerdy - mostly no, though there are some who are amazingly nerdy Sex-deprived - eh, no, thin walls make for interesting background noise every year without fail Super Smart - yea, mostly true Stuck-up - not at all

To some extent, however, the university is so big and diverse that those statements can not and do not apply to the majority of students here. Yes, people are competitive, but no more so than at any other ivy.

Like any stereotypes they are based on some truths, there are some rich snotty kids and there are some hippy liberals. The majority of people at Harvard are very intelligent and friendly and good people.

I don't feel that this accurately described the majority of the student body. However, I do think these traits are seen more frequently at Harvard than at a lot of other non-ivy league Universities.

The first one is true to a limited extent (most of the time, no). The second one is also true to a limited extent (think: Government concentrators at Harvard v. Engineering majors at MIT)