Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

When I studied at Harvard Summer School between my junior and senior years of high school, I fell in love with the school not only because the curriculum challenged me to think critically and creatively, but also because the people I got to know in the program were some of the most interesting people I'd ever met and who became some of my best friends. The best thing about Harvard is that the most intelligent and talened students in the world are brought together in an environment that promotes learning and discovery about the world and themselves.

The motivation at this school and the learning environment are incredible. Students are enthusiastic about academics and subject material. In addition, the classrooom environment is attentive, respectful, and focused on understanding the new material introduced or participating in topic discussions and debates. No one feels out of place trying to be a good student. In fact, being the best student you can be is encouraged and applauded. There are no limits to academic ambition.

The best thing about my school is the student body. Each person adds so much to the campus because of his or her background and experiences. Each person has a different outlook on life and is willing to share it with others. This makes for interesting mealtime discussions, as well as stimulating roommate discussions. It makes everyone at Harvard more in tune with the world around them and the possibilities out there.

The best thing about my school is the ability to have virtually any resource at your fingertips. Even your own roommates and classmates have all achieved so much in their young lives. In addition to constant access to your fellow classmates, professors and faculty members are so accessible that in the instance that you do not understand something, you can ask them and receive clarification right way.

The best thing about Harvard is the huge variety of extracurricular activities. Most students find the time to join several groups, from orchestras and choirs, to student government, drama and dance, political and social groups, intramural and varsity sports, and so on. That is really how people find their friends, and if a group you are interested in doesn't exist, it is easy to form one.

The best thing about my school is the amount of resources it is able to provide. It is a school with a very large endowment and very good alumni support, allowing it to supply a lot of money in financial aid and provide very many resources to its students. This, in turn, leads to a very diversified student body, which leads to an overall better educational experience.

The people are what make Harvard. Sure, its a nice name on an undergrad degree, and there are famous professors--but really, many schools have brilliant teachers and famous names (albeit not as famous). At Harvard, however, is the opportunity to be surrounded by people who are all just as smart or smarter than oneself, yet also as nice as anyone else in the world.

Our police department is really nice about all the policies, and is really there only to protect us. If we have drinking problems, we will never get in trouble if we get help at the Harvard hospital. Also, we have many tourists come on a daily basis, which can sometimes be a hassle. Not the mention, we do happen to be the oldest campus in the country.

I think the access to world reknowned professers, leading resources (libraries, computers, labs), and a class of peers you may otherwise not come in contact wtih. They teach you the most about life, not the books. You learn social norms and relationships from the nation's best students and academics form the best people in their field.

Harvard University has an amazing group of professors who are dedicated to their chosen profession and a wealth of knowledge about their area of expertise. When attending classes the students have the comfort of knowing that they are learning from some of the most knowledgeable people in their feild.