Hendrix College Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Meredith

Think of a stereotypical college dorm. That's pretty much what we have. There are six dorms - 3 for girls (Raney, Veasey, and Galloway), 2 for guys (Hardin and Martin), and one that's co-ed by floor (Couch). The dorms are not identical, but they have the same amenities. The first floor of each has a lobby area where you can hang out, a kitchen, a laundry room, and sometimes a TV room. Each floor of the dorms has two bathrooms that are shared, and two RA's (Resident Assistants). All the girls dorms have sinks and vanities in the rooms, and so does Martin. Hardin and Couch do not. Otherwise, the amenities are the same - everyone gets pretty much identical beds, desks, dressers, chairs, and closets. Most people only live in the dorms their freshman and sophomore years; after that, they move into Hendrix-owned apartments, houses, etc. The dorms are all open to any student, though. To choose where you get to live, you just list your preference of which dorm you want to live in, and the name of your roommate if you have one (there's a lottery system if you don't). There are pictures of the dorms on the school's website I think.