Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

The price, it cost so much to go to school at Hofstra and they are not very forthcoming on financial aid and scholarships; I come from a upper middle class family and it is still hard to pay the bills, I don't know what I would do without loan and scholarship opportunities.

The cost is the worst thing about this school. This education comes with a hefty price tag at around $60,000 a year. Apparently the average mid term salary is 90k so hopefully the debt I am going to have will be able to be paid off with my future salary.

I find the worst thing about my university is that there is no academic help center with professional staff available durung "normal school hours",only graduate or undergraduate students as tudors and is only available i during the evening hours.

Some of the food quality isn't the best. And it is a little too expensive. Also, I don't know why the tuition is so expensive. They are always redoing the plant and flower beds on campus, and I think we are paying for it.

nothing to bad really... sometimes they get a little crazy with fines for little things like parking or a halogen lamp... but other than that theres really nothing i can complain about.

Food services on the weekends and holidays is very lacking. All but one establishment close before nine PM on days when school is not in session.

The cost. Hofstra is a great school but something necessary like college should not be so expensive, no matter which school it is.

A lot of groups of people tend to socialize exclusively within their social network, and aren't interested in branching out.

Hempstead is a pretty lousy town to live in, but fortunately, there's not a lot of need to go running around off campus.

The tution price. It is very costly to attend Hofstra, but I hope the education I recieve makes up for the cost.