Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

The kind of person that should attend Hofstra University is intelligent, understanding, and mature. In all honesty, there is a gigantic pool of people who attend this campus, and walking into the student center, you'll see 3 different frats, 5 races, 4 different sexual orientations, and a multitude of languages. Students here are friendly and passionate, and we want to add to the Hofstra community in any way we can. I'm personally adding to the artistic part of campus, but we have athletes, intellectuals, and future diplomats here too.

Not necessarily one with the most outstanding GPA, or one with the most volunteer hours. Nor one with a bad attitude and an even worse work ethic. Anyone that has worked hard and played hard. Someone that is willing to use Mom and Dad's money for books and an education, rather than booze and bars. Someone who is ready to be challenged and excited to learn grammar they did not learn in high school. Do I lie the object on the table, or lay? Someone ready to experience life on their own.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is academically focused, but also knows how to have fun. There really isn't a lot of things to do here, but mostly everyone goes out to the bar, and goes out to parties, or out to eat with friends, and you have to be a social person. At Hofstra, people are very focused, but also very social. You have to be a very well balanced person.

A typical Hofstra student should want to be involved and make the most out of their college years. You should be diligent, opinionated, and have the ability to make a difference. You should be open to learning as well as meeting new people of all cultures. If you want to be in proximity to the city but not exactly in the city, then Hofstra is the place for you.

The student population is very diverse. Therefore, I do not think there is a specific kind of person who should attend the school. Any student who wants to have a sucessful career at Hofstra must be willing to do a lot of independent work. They must have initiative and be willing to learn, because very few professors are actually willing to help or motivate you.

someone who is open-minded, liberal, outgoing, willing to work hard but also have a good time, someone who doesn't care about sports too much, likes the arts and diversity and culture, likes city life and not small towns, and doesn't mind a campus that drinks heavily and has students that stay up very late

I think my school is for a lot of different kinds of people, but I think peolpe who are very passionate about what they do should attend this school. School is very important to a lot of students here. The students here are also very liberal and outgoing and involved in many extra curricular activites.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that knows they are able to pay their high priced tuition with ease. If a student is a science major they should be organized, take good notes during class sessions, good at time management and ambitious.

A person who is interested in learning new things about a much larger world should attend Hofstra. Hardworking and persistent students should attend Hofstra. I think it is a great place if you're looking for a great place to learn and explore new things.

Any person who is liberal in every way and is able to be open to new ideas and have a lot of fun! Lots of food choices and student activities to keep you busy forever! Many off campus locations to visit and a very enjoyable college experience for anyone!