Houston Community College

« See more reviews of Houston Community College

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was senior in high school there are a lot of things I would tell myself. I would start off with making sure I understood how capable I am, and how much potential I have to really make it in the college world. I would tell myself to make sure I do as much as I possibly can to start developing myself for my future responsibilities. I would also let myself know that it's not an easy task and that I'm going to need to be completely focused and sure about what direction I want and need to go in, in order for me to be successful.

I would tell myself how to prepare to college life and mostly I would tell me what subject I have to study mostly. I will also tell me not to spend money because later i will need it, and that college life is a wonderful experience and not a ugly step in life like everyone says. well, I do not know there would be so many things! I woul tell my self the best way to study for me is to read the notes and then the book and then do some index cards and that is it! well, I will just tell my self that college life is great that there is nothing or anyone to be afraid of!

If I was ever given the apportunity to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would I have told her to not go into teaching, to go straight to business administrative support because that would be a good career choice and something that she would be able to complete with no problems. Also i would have told her that taking six classes at once is not a good idea since college classes are not has eassy has high school classes. my last advice for my high school senior self is to stay away from your friends in college they will be a bad influence.

Chris, you need to study hard and go out and get all the help that you can get from who you can get it from. Don't wait for the last minute get started now while you have time and be sure to get all ther applications in for scholoarships and colleges before you get out of high school. Decide what you are going to pursue for a career and be prepared to face alot of decision making and budgeting for you and your family and be prepared to make a living for yourself and the ones that supported u with the career you pursue.

Go with your heart. I was told that over and over in the college application and selection process, but still went with my second choice due to my family's wishes. My heart was right, I should have gone with my first choice. After not completing my degree at the university I attended straight out of high school and taking a break from school, I am having to take the long road around to attend what was my original first choice. So, my advice to my old self or anyone else making the transition, just go with your heart.

If I could go back in time I would definitely do things different. I would of prepared myself financially a little bit more by researching and applying for scholarships because going through school is not easy and you don't really know until your there. I would get my mindset more prepared for whats coming. Some advice I would give myself is also to try to take as many college credit courses in high school as i possibly can since they are at no cost in high school. Those credits would of helped me in college.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to stand strong next year. Whatever guy walks up to you and asks for your number don't be afraid to say "NO!" You can still be everybody's friend but remember to keep God first in it all. No matter how angry you get stay strong in God. He's your best friend! And don't worry about your first boyfriend you'll get a man a whole lot better. Just stay confident in the woman God has created you to be. You're going to do great things!

I would tell myself to not quit, no matter what obstacles may get in our way. Dont wait ten years like I did now to try and go to college. Plan, plot, and strategize your every move so that you can stay ahead of the game. Dont get pregnant, stay focused and be all you can be. There are a lot of programs out here that will help you pay for college if your not from a financially stable family . Grants, loans and schlorships are out there to help you so utilize them.

Follow your dreams. People are always going to tell you to do this and become that. But they've had their chance of choosing what to do with their lives and just because they want you to become what they didn't, doesn't mean you have to listen to them. Just smile and nod, and listen to your heart. Because if you don't you'll regret it all and you don't want that. P.S. study a little harder and more importantly follow your dreams

I WOULD TRY TO WORK HARDER, STUDY LONGER, GET MORE TUTURING AND TRY HARDER ON MY SAT'S AND ACT'S SCORES, I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO APPLY HARDER FOR SCHOLORSHIPS, BECAUSE MY MOTHER IS DISABLED AND REALLY CAN'T AFFORD TO HELP ME THRU COLLEGE...ALSO I SHOULD HAVE TRULY TOOK HIGH SCHOOL MORE SERIOUS AS I AM COLLEGE NOW....I KNOW EDUCATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SUCCEED IN LIFE AND I WON'T TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD TODAY...