Houston Community College

« See more reviews of Houston Community College

If I could go back in time, I tell myself that friends and luch time are no longer apart of your schedule. College is more indepent and time consuming. Professors are n't going to follow you around and tell you to do your work and the deadlines. You have to be able to commit your time to study and go to class. After all you paying for your classes. You learn as you go, you have to attend class and take notes.

I would tell myself to stay focused on making the best grades and continue to learn as much as I can about as many things as I can each day. Life will be a journey. As a member of God's family I should live my life in a way that He is seen in me daily by others that I encounter. I must help others that are in need. I must live with a servant's heart. My purpose is to live to glorify God.

If I could travel, back in time and give my high school self-advice. I would say work as hard as you can all the time in whatever you do, because in the end the hard work will pay off. If you study hard now and put all your focus in to school now in the end you will see how easier life gets through college, with the skills and determination you learn in high school.

I would tell myself to take more classes that count as college credits, and i would have told myself to concentrate more and be mor e serious than i was. I wasn't doing too bad my senior year so i didn't much more advice. I just should have prepared more and been more involved in visiting some college s and finding out more information.

One of the things I don't regret is taking an extra class of pre-calc before graduating high school. Sometimes even if you don't make a good grade, putting effort into it gives you a step ahead towards college course load and great prior knowledge. I do regret not paying enough attention in some classes such as history or English.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a highschool senior I would tell him to apply for tons of scholarships. Although the community college is a great place to start I would stress to my past self that the university will be so much better. I would also tell him to take school a little bit more seriosly.

As a high school senior always looking for the best school and dont wait until the last minute to look for school. One more you always have to do ahead is filling out financial aid as quick as possible. Don't ever apply to only one school and always participate in some kind of extracurriculum activities and sports.

Apply for scholarships! Don't give up on your dreams. You are too smart to just stop and not keep going in this journey. God has given you the intelligence to make something out of your life. Don't let so many years go by, you cna be someone in life. Make your parents proud. Your future really does depend on this.

I was never a high school senior because I dropped out of school when I was a sophmore. The hardest part of going back to school was trying to get back into the habit of studying and doing homework. If I could go back I would tell myself to stay in school, graduate, and then go straight to college.

Don't use your credit card all the time! It will be your biggest regret when you are out of school. You can't do anything for spring break because you are poor and that is the same for summer. You have to work two jobs to pay off your credit cards plus bills. It is the worst idea ever!