Houston Community College

« See more reviews of Houston Community College

The advice I would give my self is to stay encourage and not getting off task. I also would plan to make plans to put down important events I need to meet and not forget important events. I plan to think positive things and make important events positive and successful.

Take as many dual credits as you can, and all the maths and sciences in high school, get as many credits out as you can, get the best grade you can get in ACT, SAT, etc and test out of everything ask possible as you can so you wont have to struggle for it in college.

the first advice would be "enjoy your high school days, you will miss them later", and then the common ones such as "apply to financial aid" "search scholarships and apply for them", to finish with the personal ones such as, "learn well english" "study english".

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to complete my core classes first and never stop taking classes, even if I only take one class per semester, keep going until you graduate no matter how long it takes!

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to take college seriously. I would also tell myself to strive for greatness and stay focused, because my doing well in college is the cornerstone for my success!!!

College is responsibility, almost like having a job. You are responsible for learning the material for your own future. Make sure you choose your instructors carefully to suit your learning style so it will not be as difficult to learn the material.

My advise would be for them to stay focus on education. I would encourage them to begin the process early to select a college they prefer to attend. I would also have them visit the college of their choice ahead of time.

College is awesome. There are challenges ahead and interesting people to meet. Stay focused and absorb the knowlegde that will be presented. You are investing in your own future; and you're worth the investment.

I would go back and prepare myself for just the work itself. I would have told myself that I must be way more alert in class. Also that you can not miss alot of class because you can be put out.

I think the most important advice I could give my old self would be to listen to my parents and not resist their plan for me because it's the best thing I could do to set up my future.