Indiana University-Bloomington Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Bridget

There are some great places to eat on campus, as well as some merely satisfactory places to eat on campus. There are vegetarian and vegan options, as well as gluten-free options. If you have an allergy, a lot of foods are labeled or you can ask the staff. Collins is the best place to eat on campus. There is a deli and a buffet. The buffet is (almost always) incredible.The food is home-cooked by the kitchen staff and they are constantly asking for feedback and responding to student preferences. There a ~15 places to get food on campus, so you're never far from somewhere to eat food, although, some places are better than others. I am vegan,and like to eat healthy so many I'm preferential to some places, because I like to eat wheat bread instead of white, and don't eat animal products, but I think most people agree. Collins, El Bistro, Read Traditional (Tradish), and the Wright Food Court are the best places to eat. However, academic buildings like Ballantine, Jordan, and SPEA, also have food offerings if you're on the go. RPS (Residential Programs and Services) is slowly, but surely improving. We now source local bagels and apples, which is cool. They really do cater (no pun intended) to any diet.

Devyn

I have a slightly different view of the food and dining options than most students. I am gluten intolerant (can't eat wheat), which means I normally have very limited options. IU has a wide selection of food as well as dining experiences. We have everything from a quick sub sandwich to grab on your way to class, to sit down, traditional dining with chicken parmesan. For those who have food restrictions, IU is very accommodating. I have no trouble finding gluten-free options, and there are plenty of options for other food restrictions. Whatever your tastes, you won't go hungry at IU