Mount Pleasant, IA

Iowa Wesleyan University

« See more reviews of Iowa Wesleyan University

I wish I knew more about the rural kind of environment. I am from quite a large city and the town Iowa Wesleyan is in is home to approxiamately 10,000. I experienced a little bit of culture shock coming here, but the small town atmosphere and friendliness definitely made me feel welcome. Also I didn't know about the multiculturalism of the campus. It is said to be one of the most multicultural schools in Iowa and it is easy to see why. I love meeting students from around the world who share the different viewpoints openly and proudly.

There are many things that I wish I had known before I came to Iowa Wesleyan College. I however would of been happy with one and that is I wish I could of known that choosing a college is more difficult than everyone thinks. While in high school I knew I was going to college and pushed off serious searching until it was late. This mistake makes me realize that in choosing a college, you need to choose a college similar to yourself and that is what I wish I knew before I went to Iowa Wesleyan College.

I wish I was aware of all the activies that were available on this campus. I hadn't realized that there are activities going on all the time. Some of the activities include movie night, bingo night, dances, and etc. Our student body is very active. I also wish I would have known that living on campus makes a difference. If you live on campus it is easier to make friends and participate in all the activities that the college offers.

I wish I had known about the financial situation. This school is expensive for what it is actually worth. It's a great place to meet friends and play sports considering it is a small private school but, my financial situation is the first thing i worry about everyday while i'm at this school. There are also not many activities at this school, the school spirit is very pathetic and non-exciting.

I wish I would of known more about the school's traditions and what activities go on here. Right now there isn't too many events or activities being organized, but very soon, I hope to change that and get myself and my fellow students involved and bring back traditions and create new ones.

How helpful and caring the entire staff at IWC are and wish I would have started a long time ago.

More about the campus