Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Dee

Let's see....a typical weekend includes homework and a little bit of sleep. The weekends are the best time to work on projects, papers and the discussion boards.

It would truly depend on the student; my weekends consist of school work, hanging out with friends, running calls at the fire house, etc.

A typical week-end for me is probably different for other student who attend Kaplan on campus. Mine can be very laid back and enjoyable with family or very hectic. The most important thing is that I always have to do my work to keep up my grade, and the week-end is the bets time to start.

Beverly

A typical weekend is when the students that is on the team or has join the study team get together and study an assignment, and everyone participates.

My weekends are spent with my family. That is a great benefit about online schooling through Kaplan, you work when you want to!

Linsey

I do my work all week long and then I rest on sunday.

My weekends are spent with my family because I usually have my work for the week finished by saturday. Sometimes on weekend evenings I review what I learned that week or prepare for a quiz or an essay.

The – best thing about going to college online is the ability to work at your own pace. Now, when I say “work at your own pace”, this doesn’t mean that I get weeks (or however long I want) for a single project. Each of Kaplan’s courses are 10 weeks (units) long. You have 1 week, starting on Wednesday, to turn in all assignments for that unit ending on Tuesday night at midnight EST. Therefore, If I choose to, I could do all of my assignments by Friday and have an absolutely free weekend and start of the work week. I could also do a little course work Wed. – Thur. and then a little on Monday and Tuesday. I typically take Wednesdays off, which means that Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, and Tuesdays are the days I choose to do coursework. Saturdays, I use to just - do - nothing. I work 6 days a week, am KU Ambassadors and Leaders Secretary, and still have school work. When Saturday rolls around and I have no work, I enjoy it to the fullest, usually by preparing a good meal that takes all day to cook. There are also seminars for each class. These seminars are not schedules during the weekend, so don’t worry, you’re still safe to relax.

Linsey

.I am always studying or doing school work on saturday. On sunday i sleep in very late.

Tosha

My weekends consist of doing sports with my children, and doing anything that I normally do or needs to be done because I have the flexibility to do so with online classes.

For me, the weekend is where I complete most of my school work assignments. I pre-write discussion posts, get started and sometimes finish any assignments and complete any quizzes.

Here at Kaplan University online you have discussion boards where the professor will post a question about your topic/readings for the week. You have to respond to that question and to two other classmates responses to the same question. A class week at Kaplan University starts on a Wednesday and the last day to turn things in for that week is Tuesday night.

Since KU runs on an all the time schedule; 5 terms per year (each term being 10 weeks in length), there are no "weekends" at KU. Your typical weekend will likely be studying your classwork and doing your homework as if you're a working adult, the weekend may be your only study period.