Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus Top Questions

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

I would have to say it depends on the students. Some talk about politics, some sports, it is a mix.

Attending school online help me focus on my priorities, therefore I am not aware of the hot -button issues on campus.

Beverly

Im an not sure of the Hot-Button issues

Beverly

Im an not sure of the Hot-Button issues

Issues do get discussed with an online school community. One of the biggest ones right now (because its holiday season) is stress management!!

The only hot button issue that I can think of while attending Kaplan University online is that sometimes they experience tech issues during seminar. Sometimes you may be booted out of class or the sound may not work right. This issue is never a regular occurrence. I have personally only had two experiences in the past two years. The professors were very understanding and it did not affect my grade.

I am not sure I have heard of any hot-button issues, since this is an online campus. I will say, though, that one thing that gets my blood boiling is the conversations that students conduct throughout the seminars on the side bar. It drives me crazy. No one needs to hear the 30 minute explanation as to why you are 3 minutes late, what your kids are doing in the background, or what legal advice you need. The seminars are meant to help and explain the week's assignments. Chit chat before class is perfectly acceptable, but once the class starts, everyone needs to be quiet and let the professor do what s(he) needs to do. If you have questions, wonderful, but please don't ask your legal ethics professor about your divorce. That is not the time or place. Some professors are good about telling the class to stay on topic, some even block the chat between students, but some professors...(I've only had one like this) are just horrible at it. One night, the professor came in and said, "This is the most important seminar you will have, this is a hard week, so be sure to pay attention". Within 3 minutes, the class started bombarding her with personal legal issues, other questions, and so on and so on. Before she knew it, it was 38 minutes into the class and we hadn't even started the lecture yet. I actually had to request that she get back on course in the very nicest and respectful way possible. That is MY hot-button issue.

Not offending someone when it becomes a matter of opinion or ethics.

Linsey

It is an online school so there is no campus. However,lately i would have to say the hot -button issue in my classes is different political views. That subject is one that gets almost everyone angry.

Linsey

Even though KU is an online school, I'd imagine that Religion is their hot-button topic. They have a lot of problems between "bible-thumpers" and students that are not and don't want to hear about it.