Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

Kennesaw State University has the best dorms out of most other universities. We are always expanding and reaching out to a more diverse area. The diversity and number of students, mixed with the way the campus is laid out give it a "big school but close knit feel." When people hear I go to KSU, they always tell me it is a great school to go to because of its friendly and beautiful environment. The best place to spend any free time on campus is on the campus green. During the Summer, lots of students are there playing frisbee, soccer, tumbling, running, having picnics, reading, and just hanging fun with friends. Although, Kennesaw is not a college town, it is only 25 minutes from Atlanta, where there is plenty of things for college kids to do. The most recent controversy on campus is about parking. That is the only thing I would change. With the school expanding and reaching out to a bigger audience, parking is becoming more and more of a problem. Another complaint would be the administration. The departments are not always on the same page and it takes a lot of time, effort, and patience to have a simple question answered or task completed. They will many times just transfer you to another department and you will find yourself being transferred multiple times, and even back to the original person. Working with the administration can be frustrating but, I still really love the school and environment and would never want to leave. There is a great amount of school pride. Many students are involved in sports and multiple organizations. At sport events, the stands are always filled and students get dressed up in school colors, make banners, and paint their faces. Our mascot, Scrappy the owl, is very energetic and fun at the games. Sometimes, he will be walking around or hanging out on the campus green. Overall, KSU is an amazing school and I would recommend it for anyone.

What i like best about this school is the fact that it is a beautiful campus, and it has a really good nursing program. It also has a great buisness program according to some of my friends and we recently had a national buisness meet here. IT is also a very safe environment, our school is surrounded by suburbs, but at the same time it is relatively close to the city. Most people have a very positive reaction when i say I go to KSU. MOst of the people i have met that do not go to Kennesaw STate University at the time are transfering very soon. The administration is very nice from what i have gathered from two years of living on campus. However, the counslers need major improvement. I have had unproductive and overall unpleasant run-ins with the nursing counsler last year and this year. Most of my friends have the same feedback about their counslers. The counslers usually do not have an answer to your question and do not educate the students about their major and what the students should be doing. I had to find out how to take the TEAS and when to apply to the nursing program through my friends and people who have already got in. there is a lot of school pride, but I can imagine it is only going to rise when our football team will be put together. I like to spend most of my time in the "cmmons," which is the school cafeteria. In my personal opinion, the food in the KSU commons is very good and has variety, especially of the weekdays and fridays. A lo of people like to hang out on the campus 'green' when the weather gets warm. A lot of people like to hang out at the gym. IT is pretty big and offers a lot of exercise machines and classes such as: Yoga, Jumba, and PiYo. I like to attend the evening Yoga classes. The gym has rental bikes and athletic gear. It has two floors, but they are going to renovate it and make it even bigger and add in a pool.

Kennesaw State University is located in the ideal place for a college. There are a wide variety if restaurants, a mall, and movie theaters all located within minutes of campus. The student population is wonderfully diverse, making it easy to find people you like. The size of the campus and student population are just right; the campus is not small, but also not overwhelmingly large. The general education classes are large with many different types of people to meet, and the upper level major classes are small so you are surrounded by people interested in the same things as you are. There are many great professors here who care about the students, want them to succeed, and are willing to give extra help to their students. The on campus dining hall is the best university cafeteria I have seen or heard about; they offer a variety of different foods every day including an Asian section, a deli and salad bar, an Italian section, a home-cooked meal section, a desserts and coffee bar, and burgers and fries section, and a foreign foods section. I am a vegan, and even I find things I enjoy eating at the dining hall. The on-campus housing is also one of the nicest I have seen or heard about; no one is required to share a bedroom with another person, and anyone can choose to have a room with a bathroom of their own as well. A kitchen and living room area are shared with 3, 2, 1, or no other suitemates. There are also many services on campus for students like career services, which helps students find jobs when they are ready to graduate.

I think that one of the best things about this school is that I have not once met a staff member who was not helpful and passionate about doing a good job. All of the professors that I have taken truly strive to make our education as beneficial as possible. When I have worked with specific offices, such as the Financial Aid office or the office of the Registrar, those who worked there were always kind and helpful. I think that the size of the campus is just the right size: large enough so that there are plenty of students, yet small enough that it is easy to walk from one part of campus to another (whereas at many universities, one would have to drive or take a shuttle). One thing that I would change about KSU is that the parking enforcement is lacking. During my two years of living on campus, I (as well as many other students) dealt with a serious shortage of parking spaces, because the majority of the spaces had been taken by commuters (who have their own reserved parking). When one of my residents and i voiced our complaint to the parking control and KSU police, both parties claimed that the other group was responsible for assisting us. In the long run, we got nowhere because no one would claim responsibility.

The best thing about Kennesaw State is its beautiful campus. But if i could change anything, I would change the low amount of events that happen on campus. Campus is very boring, and even more unbearable during the weekends. There are no clubs where you can be 18 or older to go to, and it is really nothing like a college town. The school size is just right, yet people are just now recently learning of the existence of Kennesaw State. I am only on campus during the times I have classes, and after that I am looking for a ride off campus. For the campus to be so increasingly boring, there is a lot of school pride. Being that we do not own a football team, our women's soccer team receives most of the recognition.

The best thing about this school is the fact that you can do things on your own time and not necessarily be bothered by other students, due to the fact that most students are commuter students. The one thing I would change is the attention to parking---because there simply is not enough, and everyone knows it is a problem. My school is very large but perfect for me because not everyone lives on campus and it is never extremely crowded at once, unless you consider the parking decks. There is not much school pride because we don't have a football team or any other sports team to really be proud of, and I think that's what really makes students proud of their schools, as opposed to academic achievements.

The school is great and leads to many great experiences. There are great student associations and events that are on campus all the time that appeal to many students that are interested in becoming involved. I spend a lot of time in the Commons, which is our all you can eat student dining hall and on the Campus Green which is basically like a small park. There is a lot of school pride, regardless of the season. Many people where the school t-shirts faithfully as a part of their wardrobe. When major games are scheduled, you will definitely see the school pride.

I like Kennesaw! It's a good blend of the country and the city, because it's only 30 minutes north of Atlanta. I just wish we had a drumline (I'm a drummer) and more school spirit. It's not that much of a "college experience" for me since I'm a commuter. But I have heard that living on campus makes it a very genuine college experience. I would do it if it weren't so expensive. The Commons (a dining hall) is great! Really good food and tons of friends.

I admit that I had a few bad professors, but I think what made my time at KSU was the professors. I meshed well with most of my professors and I will always remember them. They taught me not only stuff I needed to know for class, but also life lessons that are to be learned in the process of getting older.

I love Kennesaw so much, because it's big enough, but also small enough (think Goldilocks). Sadly, I think that's going to somewhat change when we get a football team. But still, you can walk across the whole campus without taking forever.