Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

This school is welcoming to students of all types. I see students of all nationalities and ethnicities. I also see adult non-traditional students and there is even an adult learning center set up for them. The school features an honors lounge in the well stocked library building that also houses a very cool rare book collection. The school is well situated for disabled students with plenty of handicapped parking spaces and automatic doors. There is new campus apartment housing for students who want to live on campus. The music and art programs are lively and well attended.

Somebody who is daunted by a large students population should definitely not consider KSU. We are the third largest school in the state and students are everywhere all the time. If a student doesn't like to get involved on campus, it might not be the right fit either. There are always events on campus and people wandering around inviting others and seeing if they would be interested in attending. Sometimes just going to the commons means getting roped into a multicultural shendig. It is also really hard to meet and hang out with people outside of these events.

My school has people who grew up down the road and people from other countries. There isn't anyone I can think of who would feel out of place here. There are students joint-enrolled in high school programs, and people older than my grandparents who attend my school. The only person who shouldn't give my school a try is someone who wants to go to a gender-specific school or someone whose specific area of study isn't offered here. Other than that, everyone would fit in wonderfully!

If you don't like a big campus Kennesaw State probably isn't for you. It isn't big because of of the number of building or students. It's big because when you're there you get the feel of community. Everything is spaced out so you don't feel cramped but you also don't feel like a little fish in a big pond. Even if you don't like the open space and walking distances there are on-campus buses. Kennesw is everyone. Except those who don't like owls. Owls is kind of the mascot.

Someone who doesn't like big campuses or lots of students. The campus is large and there are tons of students, but not so many that you can't meet people, be in multiple classes with the same person, and see people you know around campus. If you're looking for a college with mostly on-campus students, you'll be disappointed. KSU is mostly commuter students.

This school is growing, but it's still pretty small. Anyone looking for a more relaxed environment with fewer students per professor, then this is it. If someone is looking for a huge school with a great big "college experience" with football and big events and huge traditional classrooms, then this school may be a little small.

The kind of person that should attend Kennesaw State University is someone that needs a stepping stone from living at home rather than the large leap into the real world. This University has a small atmosphere with a large student body allowing those attending the medium between large and small college life.

Kennesaw has many classes with high enrollment numbers, so often the course material is made to fit a larger group of students. So, if a students desires a higher level of difficulty and increased course load, Kennesaw State University is probably easier than that student would prefer.

Anyone who has an interest in astronomy should not attend this school. There is only one elective astronomy course offered. My twin brother left KSU and transferred to the University of Georgia specifically because Kennesaw State could not give him the degree he was looking for.

I think Kennesaw is a very open school. I believe anyone could go to this school and have fun if they give it a chance. There is always something to do on campus, and all the students are very helpful with classes. Anyone could go to Kennesaw and have a great time!