Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

Before I came to Kennesaw, I wish I had known that success in college is all about you. How you handle certain situations determines the outcome. Your professors, of course, are there to instruct you, but unlike high school, they might not ask for an assignment or even mention homework, but you are expected to know about and complete the assignment in alotted time. Papers can never be written the night before. It may seem like an easy topic but once you begin to write you realize you need resources you can't call up in a moment's demand.

Figure out what you want out of life before financially comitting to school, then afterwords make the decision based on what you can actually afford. You might say you want to stay single until you are thirty, but sometimes God has a different plan, and it is wonderful to see- go with it. Never work for someone who abuses you in any way because there are other jobs. Going to bed at 9:30 at night is not a weird thing. Start losing weight now cause you look kick ass while your peers do not. Pray hard and work hard.

Kennesaw State University has made great effort in emphasizing how many services are available for their students, from fitness, to nutrition, to tutoring services. Before attending this institution I did not know that the services provided by Fitness Center extended to health assessments and ways in which to improve my overall health. However, other services that focus on my well-being is the availability of personal trainers to guide me through my physical improvement.

I wish I had known about it sooner honestly. It's an amazing school. From my student orientation alone I learned so much in detail about my major requirements, my teachers, and my classes. I wish I had found out about it sooner because the sooner the apply the more scholarships you are apply to recieve. WIth more scholarships I wouldn't have to worry about oulling out loans and applying for scholarships close to the beginning of the school year.

I wich I had known how to get better involved. Everything seems to be done over a computer and not person to person unless specifically requested. The campus maps are not very helpful so going to orientation would have been very helpful as an incoming transfer student. Parking at this school has gotten much better but was horrid my first year. I wish I had known what I wanted before I came to this school so that I could have been more prepared.

I wish I would have known not to settle in too quickly to a group of friends, or a "click." If I accepted that I wouldnt be comfortable right off the bat and took a little more time getting to know my surroundings and peers I think I would have had a better first-year experience. Instead, I settled into a group of friends really quickly, who, dont get me wrong, are great friends, but I wish I would have broadened my relationships a little bit.

I wish I had known about how many students attend the school. It is a pretty big campus with a lot of people. This is also a great thing for you get to meet a lot of people who share the same values and career goals as you. You are in constant contact with people of different ethnicities and backgrounds, which really makes you a better person. This is because you get to interact with others and learn more about them and where they came from.

I wish I would have known about the Dual-Enrollment opportunity. My high school didn't advertise that program and instead I only took AP classes during high school. I would have preferred starting school earlier so that I could get used to college life more quickly. I also wish I knew that we didn't have to take all of our core classes first. In doing so, I think I hurt my GPA by being a little too overly ambitious with the classes I took.

There are two things that I wish someone had told me about when I started gioing to college at KSU. For starters I wish that someone had told me not to use my student loan refund card, because I'd eventually have to pay it back. Also to rely heavily on the syllabus. Everything is in it and I would have been better off using it as a guidline for my yearly schedule rather than commiting all of the work to memory.

I wish I had known how much I had to study and to take advantage of clubs and campus organizations earlier on in my college career. I wish I had been more prepared financially in order to participate in things that I really wanted to. Overall, I wish I had thought everything out more carefully before jumping into college. I made the most of the time I was there, but I wonder if I could have done more.