Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Most of the classes I have attended are lectures or online. I find the online classes more difficult but my classmates are more helpful and involved with classwork and discussions. With the lecture classes you do not really communicate with others. The smaller classes you get to know your peers a lot better and usually have group projects.

Most of my classmates in general ed classes seemed extremely shallow and I spent a lot of time wondering why they were even in college because they didn't seem to understand how to take notes or take care of themselves without their parents. However, in my anthropology classes, I've found people I like and feel connections to much more.

My classmates at Kent State University are extremely friendly. Just about every classmate I've ever had has been helpful to me and any other student in our classes. Students seem so eager to learn and make going to class enjoyable. Students get along well for the most part and don't just care about themselves but their peers as well.

Everyone gets along well, but sometimes you'll have a select few that judge before they meet you. The school spirit here is great, theres always a large amount of students at the sports events and activities on campus. In class, students give respect to other classmates and for the most part they won't over step thier boundaries.

My classmates are very dedicated and responsible students but, they also know how to have a good time. We tend to come together the most at sporting events, especially against our rivals: Akron University. During the games, wether it be football or basketball, the whole crowd is on their feet screaming and cheering on our team!

In lecture classes there is not a lot of classmate interaction. We go to class, we listen, we learn, and we walk out. That is unless you already know people in that particular class. In a smaller setting, classes are very interactive and I personally have made a good amount of friends because of the smaller setting classes.

Honestly, considering the large number of students in one class it makes it difficult to understand how my classmates are but from what I gathered everyone seems very nice and respectful. Mostly everyone is quiet in class before, during, and even after class. If you need help with anything, many are willing to lend a hand.

Kent State students vary from highly motivated to not motivated. However, that is why there is an Honors college and once you get to higher level classes the students are mostly driven and committed. You may have to suffer through some freshman classes, but after that you will be with other students who care and work hard.

All students are on different levels of learning than you are. Do not doubt their capabilites because they are or may be one step ahead of you. As a freshman, the other students age ranges from 18 to nearly 25 years of age so expect others to do better than you. The Diversity is grand, with various backgorunds.

Student's and my classmates at Kent State, I would have to describe them as driven because it's the reason Kent has the rank of one of the top universities in Ohio but as well as top 200 in the world. With that the drive for success has to be there, which I see and work next to students that have that.