Kent State University at Kent Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kent State University at Kent

Portia

Kent State University is such a great school. I love how the dorms strive to build community with the students residing in it. I love how supportive the professors, staff and administration are toward their students. I also love how much fun my friends and I had when we would participate in all the campus's events. So happy I was able to become a student of this school.

Rishita

Due to COVID, I'm attending Kent State remotely! However, all the professors I've had are very considerate and friendly. They are all very helpful and the curriculum seems good. I heard the dining food isn't too strong but there are plenty of clubs to join and all kinds of help, should you need it.

Shelby

Kent State is a good school overall with most teachers caring about students and wanting to help them succeed. They also have a dinning hall that is completely gluten free, There are quite a few small annoying details like having only on dinning hall open on weekends and parking being a pain as well as a few teachers who do not seem to care, but that can happen at every university. Overall it is a good school with only minor problems.

Ariel

It was a great experience

Emanuel

I love Kent! There is always something to do and always someone to talk to, given the many opportunities to get involved! Every college has it's up's and down's but Kent State does all that it can to serve its students. If I had to choose where to go to college out of the choices that I had before I left High school, I would choose Kent State all over again!

Maya

Kent State is a good University. The campus has a great variety of students, therefore, it is really easy to meet new people in and outside of your major. All of my professors that I have had have all been very nice, respectful, knowledgeable, and professional. The students there definitely have school pride so that does make the games really fun. All in all, I would Kent State is a great place to be and the campus/ facilities are only getting better.

Cassidy

I love it here. It feels like home. I love the class sizes and I feel challenged everyday in my classes. The professors really push you to do your best. Although I wish that it was a little bit cheaper to attend or that the university offered a better variety of scholarships and grants.

Daysha

Kent State University, is very modern, the campus size is huge but there is always something fun to do, my favorite is movie nights, and you will find many people like you. The school has lots of pride, a variety of choices when it comes to food, I may be overly spoiled. :) Every dorm has its own thing that makes it special, for example, my dorm has Starbucks connected to it, so I don't have to leave my building to get coffee:).

Bailey

I love Kent State. It is a great school and there is so much to learn here from the people to the classes to the teachers. Such a great place to study. People here live for the parties and protests but you can find plenty of people who don't want to partake in that as well

Jared

An underrated school depending on what your major is. Very liberal arts VIBE. I'm not a very social person at all but if one is a social person then there is plenty to do, from clubs, to frat parties, and Halloween in Kent is CRAZY. As for academics, you will be challenged depending on your major.

Kent is a very welcoming school and community. It's a place where I am not afraid to be completely and utterly me. The students are laid back and the professors are very generous and understanding. The school accommodates for all of its students and tries to foster a sense of belonging in each individual. The main reason I can't give five stars is because some of the on-campus housing isn't quite as modern as it should be. For example, in my hall, Olson Hall, we don't have air conditioning. Most of the time this isn't a big deal but in the warmer months it isn't pleasant. However, we are supposed to be getting air conditioning over the summer.

I've liked most of the staff I have been in contact with and have had some really nice and helpful professors. Complaints that I have are the price and quality of food services in certain buildings, payment options and quick contact between the uni and students on issues, how overly political it is (being political is good but the protests are very rude and students are very rude), and how overpriced some things are. Kent State tends to feel more like an institution concerned more about money than education and helping students on the path to careers to a certain aspect and I find that distasteful and not what going to college should be about.

Magdalen

I plan to attend Kent in the fall of 2017, so obviously I like it a lot. The main reason I am going is that I have plenty of family and friends attending Kent, and it is also reasonably affordable. The surrounding town, campus size, students I have met, and study abroad programs all drew me in as well. I am extremely excited to attend Kent this year, I just wish I was able to receive a few more scholarships from them.

Nell

Kent State has become my home away from home, and I'm so glad that it has. The campus is beautiful year-round, the professors are generally very nice, there are always new people to meet, and the black squirrels have become our honorary pets (and mascot!)

Lucy

Kent is a great campus. Like any other college, it has its ups and downs but overall I have had a great experience here. The students, staff, and other faculty on campus are some of the kindest and diverse people I have ever met. Kent has brought me out of my shell and I look forward to becoming the person I desire to be through Kent State University.

Kent State University is a place you can call your home. The population is big enough where there are plenty of organizations and opportunities. Not to mention we have highly ranked programs offered at our campus.

Gabrielle

Kent is what you make of it. Finding friends is fairly easy as long as you're open but if you're kind of shy it can be hard to meet more people. Most of the professors are great but some of them can be annoying. I think that as long as you make an effort to learn and to have a quality time in school then you should have a great experience.

Elizabetta

Kent State has a unique atmosphere. It truly feels like a home away from home (even if your home is 10 min away like mine). The people are helpful, especially if you are in need of it. The facilities are being renovated every day on campus, it seems like there is new construction going on anywhere you turn (which is annoying, but a good thing)! LOTS of coffee shops downtown if you are into the coffee scene. Overall, I would say that Kent is a very liberal school (with a few conservatives of course) but laid back. Students are ready to be successful and share our knowledge not only in Northeast Ohio, but ALL over the world (including Florence, Italy where we have another campus)! Oh and that saying "Kent read, Kent Write, Kent State" is definitely proved wrong with the number of successful graduates we have each year. I love my college-town Kent State University.

Becoming a student Kent State University was like finally being able to breathe again after almost drowning. It was like a taking a bite into a just off the grill cheeseburger that was topped with all of your favorite ingredients. It is a new and adventurous world to me and it is now the place I call home.

Jozy

Kent State University has a very diverse campus, which is set on inclusion and academic success. Not only is there a widely successful intellectual environment at Kent, there is a stimulating social environment as well. Kent encourages their students to interact with one another to improve themselves and their studies. I am so proud to be a part of such a wonderful environment such as Kent. I highly recommend​ the school to anyone considering applying. I know I am glad that I did.

Darius

I think Kent State University is a great selection as far as the many majors and on and off-campus activities to choose from. If someone is looking for a small college where they can see the same groups of people everyday, then maybe Kent is not the best option. There are tons of students here and you almost rarely see some people on a regular basis.

Brianna

Kent is a wonderful place to evolve, it changes you but in a good way. The worst thing about it is paying for the tuition of sports players while the food still sucks! They university is self is rebuilding a new foundation of a healthy living community which is also great.

I love Kent State. It is the only place that I applied to go to college and I couldn't be happier! The exploratory program for undecided students is amazing, and I feel that it has definitely helped me progress towards declaring a major! There is almost always something to do on campus and there's no shortage of places to go off campus!

Reeanna

Kent State is a great place to attend if you love the small town, big university vibe. There are many opportunities to meet new people through organizations, events, and the classroom. Most professors offer various chances for extra credit, which every college student loves! The university is dedicated in making sure that everyone feels like one big family.

I came to Kent State because of it's fashion program. It is a very diverse campus that supports all races, genders, and sexualities. I would say that affording tuition is extremely hard for an out of state student, especially when certain things are not as good as they should be. Some teachers are extremely respectful and help out out in the best way they can. But there are other teachers who receive several complaints from students and still remains in the school. That is something I feel Kent State should work on to make the classroom atmosphere more inviting. Other than that, once you get pass the weather and no school days off, it is truly worth it in the end.

I love attending Kent, and have no doubt that I made the right decision by coming here. All my professors are respectful and friendly. They engage in a lot of conversation during class and make it easy to ask questions. Walking downtown is very easy, and makes for a fun afternoon or evening. I always feel safe on campus, no matter where I'm going.

Zymanee

Kent State University at Kent is a good school overall. The program that I am in has some great professors and academic advisors. They truly do care about the success of the students. Not only in school, but also in life. The academic advisor that I have has helped me so much with different situations this semester. I don't know where I'd be without her.

Jensen

Kent State provides a great college experience. I was able to get involved on campus almost immediately after attending and have stayed involved in several activities throughout my time here. The campus culture allows for diversity to be proudly represented in a variety of ways that engage and educate other students. I had no idea what I wanted to study when I came to Kent State, but regardless of what department I was taking classes from, the professors were amazing. I felt comfortable in all my classes and never hesitated to talk to a professor about any issues I was having with classes or life in general. Each professor I needed to talk with was understanding, welcoming, and definitely helped my academic and professional life. Overall, I have had a fantastic few years here and will be sad to leave such a wonderful community.

kiara

I love my school. There are so many opportunities available here, especially for fashion students since our school has such a great program. Overall, our school is very diverse and is always striving for excellence. The professors genuinely care for the students, as well as other faculty members. Kent State wants us to succeed, and are always finding ways to make our academics and campus better for us.

Iman

Overall its a okay school

Karlee

Kent State is a great college. The staff is friendly and helpful. They recently revamped their dining experience so now they cater to people with allergies and people who are vegan have options. They have options available to Freshman that I didn't see at other colleges I visited. For instance housing on most campuses is set and roommates are assigned.

Tiffanie

It is a reasonably nice campus. I feel very safe here and there's always something going on. The academics depend on your specific school and what professors you end up with but overall they are decent. Honor's housing is pretty great and we get priority registration for classes.

Krystal

I love Kent State University. This was my first experience with a campus so big and it is great. Being Greek also helps the campus feel much smaller! Beverly Warren is an amazing president and does her best to help out all students. There is a lot of ways to get involved around campus from going Greek to Pokemon club theres everything! Most of the dinning halls are pretty good and Prentice offers very healthy foods! People here are nice and make you feel welcome. Kent State is overall great!

Anika

I think that Kent State is a good school. The campus is very scenic and spread out. The food is average, but they put more effort into Prentice, the Gluten-free dining hall. Some classes are more educational than others. Like any school, you gain knowledge and skills based on the effort you put in. My program is pretty highly ranked nationally and really helps its students get seen in the world, which is nice.

kingsley

alright......ummm.........i have never been there myself but i have read about Kent State University and is a great and marvelous and i cant wait to be there. and i believe that great decisions and plans are in the pipelines to hit the Kent State University to the sky....

Kaiti

It is a beautiful campus. Everyone here is friendly. Theres a group and a place for everyone. The education is great, professors are super helpful and want you to succeed.

Shakeem

Kent State University is a great University. Students at this University are very helpful and trustworthy. This campus is safe and it is really easy to meet new friends.

Stephen

A horrible place -- I have to advise any readers of this post not to go to Kent State. I repeat do not go to this school! It could be extremely dangerous. First -- I was forced to be a student at this school for 12 years through a PhD program. They forced me to stay there for 12 years for their benefit, not mine. wanted to sex traffic me to obese women to whom they were showing favoritism (and I look like I could be a male model). The sex trafficking was part of a mind control program that they running on me in cooperation with the U.S. government. The school completely destroyed my life out of malicious sexual jealousy and for my refusal to put out for a professor to whom they wanted to distribute me sexually. Do not go there. Do not go there. Whilst being retaliated against, they revealed to me that they have murdered many of their own students, including a football player Jason Bitsko. I believe they may have also murdered Devin Moore and Tyler Heintz as well (these were two strange deaths with similar circumstances occurring within one year of each other). Stay far, far away. I repeat stay far, far away. This place is evil. http://theindividual21.blogspot.com/2018/04/kent-state-and-fbi-murder-own-football.html

Mary

Kent State is like a home away from home. I've met so many new people and have learned so much in my classes. Kent's focus on the arts is refreshing and allows me to further my education in the arts. Any professor I've had so far has always been available and helpful.

ashley

I believe that Kent State is a very nice school with a visually appealing campus, as well as being open to welcoming all people and trying to understand each other. I think that the city of Kent can be rather boring and lack luster, but the education is good and most of the teachers that I have encountered seem to care about their classes and are pretty knowledgeable of their material.

Alexis

I really love and enjoy Kent State University. I wasn't sure as to how I feel being at Kent. Thankfully, I feel at home at Kent State. There are many opportunities to meet new people, many activities to do, and many classes you can take. I love the food, the dorms are great, and I'm learning a lot about being independent, while also getting the help I need. I' happy to make the right decision to be Kent State University.

Emma

I think its a great school! I really like it here and the people are so friendly. As someone with a gluten allergy, they cater to my dietary needs very well and I always have options for food. The academics aren't challenging to the point where I feel like I can't handle it but they aren't so easy to the point where I don't feel like I'm learning anything.

Alexander

I honestly have loved my experience at Kent State University. I learned so much not only in the classroom but also with the people that I have met and the experiences I've had. KSU has helped shaped me into the person I am today and I have no regrets with choosing this school as my choice for higher learning

Kelly

It is an amazing school with a lot to offer. The professors are always there for the students, even when they are off the clock. The environment is a great place to grow and learn from. There are several on campus activities that are unique to this school, plus off campus activities.

Genavieve

Kent State is a very caring University, it takes pride in their students. All the professors hold office hours and normally respond to emails within 1 day or so. It has a lot of different things you can participate in and almost always has some kind of activity or sports game going on every week night.

Monaie

My overall opinion of Kent State University is that Kent State is a family friendly college. When I first came to campus I was part of this multicultural program called Kupita. This program lets you connect with all the other minorities of different African and Hispanic races come together for a few days. I'm in love with my college because everyone helps you get used to the new school and the dorms and classes are wonderful and diverse. Kent is a college you'd go to if you want a family environment. I say this because on my first day there they automatical say that once you step on this campus, we are all family.

I absolutely love this campus, it is the only place i wanted to go and is in fact the only place I applied to. The campus is so big and beautiful and offers so many wonderful opportunities. There are so many different people who go here. It is so wonderful being surrounded by so much diversity.

Shannon

Kent State's main campus has great classes, professors, cultural experiences, and extracurriculars. On the off side, they never close in the winter and they're slow to plow their sidewalks, making the walk to class in below zero temperatures both dangerous and annoying.

It's okay. Doesn't feel like home to me.

Theodore

It’s a good college but it has its pros and cons . The student life and campus are totally different. On the weekdays you focus on school and occasionally study on the weekends . But usually the parties happen on the weekends . Kent has taught me a lot about myself and growing up into an adult .