Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State University has so many great points that the only thing that it could improve upon is having larger and more fitness and wellness facilities and trails. For the amount of people in and around campus, a larger facility plus a campus designated walk/run/cycling trail could accomodate and positively influence the wellness of the entire city and surrounding areas.

I don't think that Kent State gets the respect that it deserves because of the name that some of its students give it. We are known for our parties far more that for our academics. I am really annoyed that people consider students from our great school as not intelligent and underachivers. I am really proud of my school and would like it if more people shared my pride.

I think the worst thing about my school is parking, because I am a commuter where I have to park is far away from the main campus. I have to take a bus from the parking lot to the student center and then walk across campus to my building. The total time it typically takes me to get from my car to class is 25-30 minutes. I think Kent needs a better parking system.

I believe the diverse interaction is the worst thing about my school. I believe that this is the worst because we find ourselves segregated and fighting against each other. Its hard to say that we interact together as a campus in unity because there are so many groups that pull us apart. It also make it hard for people of different ethnic backgrounds to befriend.

Kent State University overall has been a great experience. My one criticism would be with the parking here on the university. Last year reportedly the University parking services issued 800,000 dollars in parking fines. In my opinion, that was a little excessive, but at the same time I know there does need to be order and organization with repsect to parking.

I would have to say the hardest thing about my school would have to be some of the teachers there. In high school you get the luxury of having someone there to assist you whenever you need it but once you get into college it becomes very difficult to do that. You have to be very self sufficient because you don't have someone watching over you all the time

Well I would consider the worst thing about my school would be the staff. At times I have witnessed campus officers neglect students in need, I have seen a few of the janitorial staff members ignore their duties, and I have even caught a glimps of a few professors acting out of character. But overall I think some of the staff around campus is the worst.

I don't have enough money to go to school. The process of getting federal and financial aid was ridiculously difficult, both through the government and through the school. It's sad when a student doesn't know whether he/she is going to be able to go back to school the following semester because he/she doesn't have enough money and can't get aid.

The worst thing that is present at my school is the separation of different races and ethnic backgrounds. Even though the University has a diverse amount of students, it seems like everyone sticks with their own group. It would be much better if everyone had an open mind and didn't use skin color or ethnicity as a barrier of civil communication.

The worst thing about my school, at least as an out-of-state student who didn't realize this at the time I made the decision to attend, is that a great amount of the student who go there are from nearby towns and live close enough to commute or go home on the weekends. It puts a damper on the social lives of out-of-state students like myself.