Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

I think the worst thing about my school is the dorms. Every other college i have gone to or talk to my friends about, they say that there dorm rooms are actually nice. They have a living room, and its big and they do not feel like they are in some box. We have our suits but they are not even as nice as the normal dorms at other schools.

I believe the worst thing about Kent would be the long walks and the very large classes. Since Kent is so big you sometimes have a 10-15 minute walk to get to your classes which can be very hard on some people. Also, the big class sizes means you wont get 1 on 1 help from your instructor like you are easily able to in a smaller class size.

The worst thing about the school is that some professors are unorganized and in my opinion aren't very good teachers for my needs. It is difficult to learn from them and makes the class less enjoyable and much harder to get through. I have to do a lot of my learning for these classes on my own by reading books and getting outside help.

The worst thing about Kent is not actually something specific to the university. Rather, I think my least favorite thing about Kent is the weather. The campus seems so much bigger when it's covered in snow and you have to walk to class. The pros definitely outweigh this con, but the inclinate weather in Ohio is something to consider!

The worst thing about my school is the location. I really don't like the cold or snow and that is what the weather is like most of the school year. When it snows really bad or is really cold outside students don't want to go to class or do any type of activities. If Kent State was in another location I would love it so much more.

The regional campuses provide many of the fundamental classes to begin your education, but to finish the majority of bachelor degree programs, you have to attend the main campus which has much more of a lecture feel instead of the small class, one on one attention the regional campuses possess. Also, it's much more expensive.

The worst thing about my school is the hilly campus and weather. The climate in the Kent area is very cold and windy. The fact that the campus is big makes it even worse to walk to class in such cold conditions. Then also, the campus is very hilly. Walking up and down hills all the time makes it difficult in this climate.

The worst thing about Kent State is its size. One would think that being surrounded by so many people would make it easier to make friends, but it is actually harder. Even though my school is not a large as many others in the country, the amount of people I learn with makes it harder to meet the friends I want to make.

The worst thing about Kent is definitely the parking. Freshmen aren't allowed to park anywhere except the Stadium which is located all the way down the street. You have to take a shuttle to get there and back. If you have a job or something important to do that day, getting to and from your car can be time consuming.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of admission, room and board. It is extremely expensive and nearly impossible to afford living on campus all four years if you are not be helped by your parents or family. You are also required to live two years on campus which has strained me financially for the future.