Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

What I consider to be the best thing about my school is having great communication between students and the university. The university is constantly keeping it's students and staff educated and notified of any and all events on campus. As well as students and teachers communicating, the exchanging of information is very strong. Students recieve constant emails for example; test dates, study sessions, campus events, finacial aid, weather updates, health precautions and prevention tactics, and even student homesick meeitngs. Overall, my university is onehundred percent there for its students and I wouldn't ever worry about transferring anywhere else.

The best thing about Kent State University was the small town feel, location of the school, and personalized attention in the classroom. Considering that you were in a small town there were not that many distractions pulling you away from your school work . However, there were severally major city (Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Toronto, etc...) just a couple hours away. Furthermore you were able to approach the teachers with questions and they would recognize you from class. If you want a school with small town feel, good academics, good location, and small class settings, then Kent State is the place.

I, myself being an international student, I feel very proud that my school holds more than 1000 international students. My school organizes lots of programs for international srudents to make us feel home here in the school. My school comes up with many ideas to make this place better and welcoming to students from other countries. They have many organizations within the school where international students can be a member and meet with other students. These organization also provides mentors for international students to develop their english speaking and writing skills and just to have some one to talk to.

The students here are quite possilby the most decorative characters. The passion and personality of the students both in my major and throughout the university are vibrant and show the true diversity that our school has to offer. I've made friends from across continents and from across cities and Kent State celebrates each one of their cultures and interests through festivals, clubs and social gatherings. The diversity here creates a wonderful atmosphere, especially for a visual communication design major such as myself; teaching me how to live and work in a society that demands equality and individuality.

The best part about attending Kent State University is the diversity and global traveling the university has to offer. Kent State brings in all sorts of international students, as well as students from across the continental U.S, which creates an atmosphere that is very diverse. This is a great advantage to the school because it helps students, as well as faculty, learn about different cultures and collaberate with all kinds of people. The University also has study abroad programs in whichever program you are interested in. These opprotunities make Kent State a great environment to live and learn in.

I consider the wide arrange of diversity the best thing about the school. There is an opportunity to meet people from all over the world and listen to their experiences and how different their country, beliefs, and culture are from my own. To be able to come away with these experiences broadens my veiw point and understanding of the world. By broadening someone's understanding of other cultures, you develope tolerence for such differences and that tolerance is the key to easing hostile tensions and to help different cultural groups to move past conflict to find peace.

The are plenty things that wonderful about Kent state. Kent state offers many programs and assistance for student that may need help with specific courses. It's one and one; allowing you to ask as many questions as needed until you understand the material. I also really like the transporatation they offer. They have buses that takes student anywhere they need to go and it's free. This saves student the long trip of walking in the heat and during cold winters. Kent also provides student with numerous programs, avtivities, clubs and also lots of fun on-campus events.

Kent State is a campus that makes you want to get involved with everything that you can possibly get into. There are so many diverse activities to do such as intermurals, causes, professional group meetings, movie night, comedians, sororities and fraternities,; there is something for everyone around here. Everyone is friendly and concerned about your welfare and are very helpful if you need it. Kent is a small town with a big town attitude. We care about what goes on and about all our students, down to elementary age. In choosing Kent, you can't go wrong.

What I consider the best thing about my university is that they achieve great multi-cultural aspects. Being a woman of African American decent and attending a predominantly white college, I feel that they really do present a diverse college. For example, Kent State hosts a lot of minority events and will have dinners cooked from all over the world. Not that those are the only things, but it is the little things that do make me feel comfortable. With attending this university I feel very welcomed knowing that they do not just turn a blind eye to diversity.

One of the best things about Kent State University is their willingness to help. The professors at Kent state always go above and beyond to help their students with any problems they have with material covered in class, homework, projects, etc. Aside from the professors, other faculty members on campus are always available for help with any problem or questions you come to them with. Kent State University certainly goes out of their way to make things as easy as possible for their students, and to make sure students get the most out of their education.