La Salle University

« See more reviews of La Salle University

Your experience with academics at La Salle depend a lot on your professor and department. La Salle has some great professors and some that are not. Almost all of my professors know me by name and I still greet some of them on campus that I had freshman year. Class participation is common, but most professors will not push you into participating if you do not feel comfortable. In class, like with anything else, you get what you put into it. If you are a dedicated student, you will learn a great deal. If not, your grades will suffer and you will not get the most out of your college education.

La Salle is a small school with small classes. The professors are always available. Therefore, this school is great in terms of personal access to the teachers. Plus, they are always willing to help.

Professors are really personable. Ofcourse you may run in to a few grumpy professors but alot of them are easy going.

Pretty good teachers, a couple of them are crazy, but pretty good in this area.

My largest class here was about 30 people. It's been really easy to get to know teachers and start study groups. When I first came here, my initial thought was "I have to take two religions and two philosophies?! How is that going to help me become a Speech Pathologist?!" I soon found out that there's a lot of leniency as to what classifies as a religion or a philosophy. My favorite class I've taken here was a team-taught (Integrated Studies and Religion) service learning course, Economic Justice for All. We read really interesting literature, historical and current, and connected it to community service we had to do. Some people interviewed potential food stamp recipients, others volunteered at halfway houses.