La Sierra University

« See more reviews of La Sierra University

If I was to go back in time to give myself some advice, i would tell the following: First, i would tell myself that take as many electives or classes that i would like regarding my major. Second i would tell myself to study hard on my math and english classes to get a good grade and not have to take a a low english or math class in college. Third , i would tell myself to use flashcards when studying for exams. And finally i would tell myself to look for scholarships and apply because u may never know when u need money for school, because the school that you may want to go could be really expensive.

College is one of the most important times in a person's life. Not only does one earn the education that will later provide for one's family, but one also makes friendships and has life experiences that will last. I think that the best advice when looking for the right college is to actually visit the campus (if possible) to see what it really has to offer. Go and talk to the department that interests you, and see what it really has to offer. Another good idea is to make a pro/con list about the main colleges that interest you. And most importantly, go where your heart leads you.

Enjoy the experience. Most people will actually see this as the biggest stress of their lives, when in fact it's just a new beginning of the first taste of freedom. Choosing a place that can help you achieve your goals is one thing, and i fullly think that there are many schools that can fill those requirements, but there's also all the extras that you should keep in mind when it comes to choosing a college. Instead of being stressed out, you should see it as all these different schools are working really hard to get you to come to their school...enjoy the pampering!

My advise as a high school senior and first year college student is learning not to take nothing for advantage. I see each life circumstance as a step toward the development and construction of a strong character poised for success, regardless of the situation. I have refused to give up where some of my friends have and been rewarded for my efforts. Each stumbling block, roadblock, detour or closure serves a purpose and offers a window of opportunity to learn more about myself and the world I live in and will leave me better prepared.

In the short time attending a university it has been a great experience. I have learned that things you want in life don't always come easy. You might just have to work hard to get to the point you want to reach. For example while you sit in class and listed to the teacher lecture you must take what information he is giving you and understand it in the best way you can. It has also shown me that if you try to slide by you may not make it the real world. You should be prepared for anything that happens to you good or bad.

Don't go to college just because everyone says its the right thing to do. Most importantly you want to make this decision for yourself. Attending college is a big decision, ask yourself these questions. How will this effect me financially? Do I have time for this type of commitment? Am I ready to take the necessary steps in order to achieve a degree and get a practical profession? Grades are everything, make sure you dedicate your full attention to the choices you make. Be responsible.

Nothing. My parents always pushed me to my limits. Ever since I learned about college I made sure everything I did during school some how will help me in college. Being the first generation in my family to actually attend college set a higher bar for me to become successful. Throughout high school my goal was to get good grades so I can attend college and prepare myself on how college is going to be by taking hard classes. There is nothing I can think off that I should have done differently.

I had both of my boys at a young age and was unable to provide for both of them without the help of others. This is the main reason I decided I had to attend college. Attending college has been the best thing I could have done for both myself and my kids. I can now provide the best possible life for my family without the constant struggling and depending on others to fulfill my responsibilities as a mother. Its the best feeling in the world to know your kids will always be taken care of.

Three things: apply to as many schools as you can, apply to as many scholarships as you can... And that 'you are beautiful'. With all that I've gone through these past four years, I really wish I had someone to tell me those things. People can't carve themselves into tiny boxes like I did: you have to spread a net and see what you bring in. And school is NOT cheap. I wish I had applied to more scholarships so I wouldn't have to worry my mother so.

What I have learned after two years is that you should know what topic you want to or are interested in studying. Really look to see if that school has your major and also look to see if the school has a good environment. It makes things alot easier on a student if they feel welcomed and comfortable at their school. Really get involved in school, such as clubs or sports. It helps to make friends and knowing people is a great thing in college.