La Sierra University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for La Sierra University

La Sierra University is exactly how its' known to be; multicultural and friendly, but overall love to have the presence of God in all of our class lectures. I think starting a class with a prayer on an exam day is the best way because it makes us students feel at ease and peace in our hearts. This university is the best school that I could have ever attended and the primary reason is because the campus faculty make us feel accepted for who we are and there is no racism. In my opinion it is an important base that any school should have. I feel safe when I enter and leave the campus on a dark night knowing that there are security officers who will wait until you get in your car and turn on the engine. Safety is also a salient factor they emphasize. I have not come across professors who use aggressive language or actions or any problems with other students. We all are treated the way any human being should be treated and that is what makes La Sierra University a great campus to pursue our career.

Danila

I love this school! The staff is very helpful and has helped me throughout my years of college. Without them I could have been lost.

J

La Sierra University is not an SDA school. They do not show any love or grace that they constantly promote themselves through. Everything is a tactic to make them seem lovable. They swindle freshmen in and take their money. The only good thing about La Sierra is the school of Business and their faculty. The school of business should be a whole separate university. The faculty there care about the well being of students and the potential of students. They do not focus on taking your money. Had I known earlier, I would have stuck with my business major. DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL unless you go for a business degree. Try to live off campus. The dorms are atrocious and nasty. They have roaches, snakes, and mold. The deans of the dorms only care about money. It is a business. They make you pay so much money to stay over the breaks. This includes out of state and international students. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Spring, and Summer breaks literally cost so much money. They make you pay small fees here and there for absolutely nothing. ALL THIS SCHOOL CARES ABOUT IS MONEY AND STRESSING YOU OUT. The dormitory deans have zero compassion for the residents and what they may be going through in their personal life. All they care about is money and thinking of new ways to charge students an arm and a leg. All of the deans for the resident halls should be replaced. They do dirty sly things behind the residents' backs to get them into trouble. They watch you like a hound dog and always accuse you of engaging in crazy illegal behavior. Do NOT expect love and compassion in the dorms. You will NOT get it. The only reason you should go here is if you plan on receiving a business degree. the Zapara school of business is outstanding and represents everything the university should represent. This school has a lot of issues. The dorm deans do not care about your well being. There are a number of violation of health codes throughout the building such as roaches and mice. There will be no one for you to talk to if you have personal issues. This school has no grace and love. They are WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING. I wish I was lying, but I am not. So many things are a front. I understand private religious schools need funding from sponsors, but they front to the sponsors as well. They love to put on a show, but they do not care about the welfare of students. Please do not force your child to come here unless they want a business degree. Most students have to stay an extra year and pay so much money. Please try to get a job so you can afford to live OFF CAMPUS. The devil is at work here. The deans of the residency halls are here to hurt you. The Zapara School of Business has been blessed by God. They are well known, prestigious, and make serious impacts. They will give your student great professional connections and help them to be more innovative. They truly love and care. The rest of the campus is very corrupt. choose wisely.

Cassandra

SDA

Melissa

Generally speaking, I really enjoy being a student here. Everyone gets involved in activities, and I think that's really great. A big issue for me, however, is that the campus becomes such a ghost town on weekends! I don't have a car, and so I often have to walk to find something to do, or get a Lyft and go downtown for window-shopping.

Patricia

La sierra University makes you feel welcome the environment is the best and also because its a small campus you get to make plenty of friends and also because the class size isn't that big either. You get involved a lot and they have great study abroad opportunities.

Taiya

I think La Sierra is definitely a great school. Not too big and it is a very beautiful campus

Jose

I enjoy the University so much. The campus is not as big as other campuses, but it is a safe place. Everyone is friendly. There is always to do something on this campus. The atmosphere is happy and lively most of the time. The professors are always there if you need help. There is nothing bad to say about this school.

It’s a very nice enclosed campus. The lawn is very green and well trimmed and the campus in general looks on point. I went last week for a campus tour, and it was definitely a great time. I had the opportunity to appreciate the beautiful palm trees they have to decorate the campus and appreciate how organized every building goes looks.

Codi

I love it. Everyone is super helpful and friendly. It is also a lot of fun getting to know everyone. The pastor will sit and talk with you to see how your day has been. The counselors are also extremely helpful and respond almost immediately to any question you may have.

Elisabeth

La sierra University is an overall safe and welcoming campus. The school is extremly diverse and there is always something to do. The professors care about their students and they and invested in making sure they are feeling welcome and involved. The campus is warm vibrant and filled with exotic plants. While the food is not the best, they have the best desserts

citlalli

I think it’s a very beautiful school and it has a beautiful surrounding outside the school. Although it might be a kind of expensive for some. But a lot of financial aid is given

lashanti

I think that la sierra is a great school. And you can feel very safe when you walk through those doors.Ans i also love how the dorms look an how they can make you feel safe.The food there is also really great and you are able to get free breakfast when need it to.

Ines

I am a freshman living in the dorms and so far I have really liked it. The residence hall is clean and the rooms are a good size. All the people I have met so far are really nice and friendly including the professors. They have office hours and most classes are like 30-45 students so the professfors do have time to answer the students question during class. All the social work are super nice people and they know how to teach. Besides that, the cafeteria food is pretty good and they have a cafe if you don't want an actual meal. Overall I really like the vibe at La Sierra University.

Jose

My overall opinion about La Sierra University is that, it's a pretty diversified school. Everything about makes people feel welcome to attend this school, most of the people there are very friendly therefore if you're a student from out of state you'll feel welcomed here in La Sierra University.

Paul

La Sierra University may not be the first choice many would pick to attend. Although it can be expensive, the material this university has should not be ignored. There is room for diversity of all backgrounds among the staff and students. In the front of the campus lies the beautiful business building. Also, there is an excellent library staff that has no problem helping people. Since La Sierra University is a Seventh-day Adventist institute, there is a focus on health and well-being. The university has the up-to-date technology to aid the students. The campus classes located within have a walking distance of each other.

Shelsie

It’s a great school with many opportunities. They have time for you and they help you with anything you need. The school helps you with financial aid and gives amazing tours and answer any questions you have and give honest opinions and they give you hope that some schools don’t give.

It was a good school in terms of academics but there were certain aspects of it that I wish were better. Most of the teachers I had were fantastic but a few were not great but the faculty respond very well to student concerns. Because most of the students are commuters, the student life did a good job of making sure that the off-campus students were well informed when it came to activities and events.

Vatchara

La Sierra University is a nice school where I feel that every student is bonded closely to each other that it makes it feel like a second home. The faculties are also nice and are available for help as they want you to succeed in your careers. overall I will rate the university as 3.5/5.

Braulio

To my knowledge La Sirerra University is a great school to be apart of. The staff and the professors are amazing people and are there to help you every step on the way to your goal. The campus is so beautiful really green and the vibe there is just wonderful to be around.

Nayeli

This will be my second quarter in La Sierra University, and I have to say this is a wonderful school where professors actually care about you! All my professors were always willing to help me and would encourage me to do better. The campus is always clean and secure not once have I not felt safe.

Destiny

La Sierra is a great university filled with many opportunities. The Criminal Justice program is very close knit, almost like a big family. Professors are great and go the extra mile for us. The students are easy to get along with and we all work with one another. The admin really helps students out.

Mikayla

La Sierra University is a great place to get a christian based education. You and your faith are challenged to achieve greatness. Class sizes are small so professors really get to know you and look out for your best interest. There is a lot of opportunity for students to get involved!