Lake Forest College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lake Forest College

Audra

The moment I stepped onto campus for my interview before I got accepted, I knew I had to be here. Lake Forest College is my home away from home. I immediately fell in love with the place. I definitely feel safe here and everyone I have met is so nice and looks out for you. The professors want to make sure you understand everything you are learning. The campus is so diverse and there is a week dedicated to cultural diversity, including a gala.

Sydney

My overall opinion of Lake Forest College is that it is a safe school located in an affluent neighborhood. Lake Forest has a wide variety of majors and minors to choose from, and small class sizes which allow students to have all access to their professors which I think is very important. It is a smaller school, but you are encouraged to get involved, and have a lo of opportunity to be an active participant in your community. There are interesting classes, great professors and a lot of resources for students to take advantage of. You have resources at Lake Forest, the Career Advancement Center, the Health and Wellness Center, and tons of opportunities for internships in Chicago.

Laken

Extremely well educated professors who care about students, but the administration could be better. Not as liberal as advertised but it is refreshing and challenging to not be in a bubble of like-minded people. It's nice to focus on academics on campus and take the train to Chicago for the weekend, an hour travel time.

Zanub

If I could do it all over again, I would not go here. The class sizes are very small ( the largest class has a maximum of 40 students) so it is more likely your professor will remember you in the case you need a recommendation letter for anything. However, as a small school, cliques are formed. It's like middle school, except people drink.

Clarissa

I find Lake Forest College to be a great school! There is plenty of opportunities for students to get involved and many forms of help. The only issue I find is having to pay tuition when coming from a lower income family. But other than that professors are great, easy to get a hold of and always willing to provide help to ensure full understanding. There are many clubs and organizations so anyone can find a place to belong. In my time there at the college going on 3 years now, have been fantastic. I have found myself building amazing bonds with not only my fellow peers but with mentors, leaders and higher school authority.

Viviana

Lake Forest College is the best decision I have made. Lake Forest College is a small college where everyone knows one another and the community is diverse. Both professors and staff are very welcoming, kind, and considerate to us students. The class size is the perfect size because others and I get to experience a one-on-one experience with our professors. Not to mention, Lake Forest College is also close to home where I get to commute on the weekends. Overall, Lake Forest College is the right college for me since the area is beautiful, community is safe, students are accepting, and campus is diverse.

Sydney

Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Lake Forest College. I have great Faculty and Staff who are always trying to make sure that I'm benefitting from my education. My advisor cares a lot about how I'm doing, and the faculty has great office hours and are always willing to work with you. The staff is really friendly, and always finds a way to connect with you. This is a small college that offers small class sizes. We have a lot of internships available, with a lot of services on campus for people to take advantage of. You can go to Career Counseling, use the Health & Wellness Center, get therapy on campus, and find a large number of clubs and organizations on campus. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved on campus through clubs like SWAN, Mock Trial Club, LEAP or Entrepreneurship Club. It's a great college that has a lot to offer and has a great connection to Chicago which is a very unique thing Lake Forest College offers its students.

Stephany

Overall, Lake Forest College is an open minded school. It provides a lot of opportunities for students that like to volunteer. It also focuses on giving students a well rounded education. There are many activities to be a part of on campus as well as off. They the Loop program and a large variety of off campus programs. Lastly, the faculty and staff are there to help as long as you are willing to reach out for help.

Chloe

I am really enjoying my experience at Lake Forest College. All of my professors are incredibly kind, passionate about their areas of interest, and extremely accessible. I love that I can just go to office hours with any questions or even just to talk and that the class sizes are so small, which creates a fun and engaging learning environment. I also really appreciate that I can commute from home and that the campus always feels very safe.

Mariano

In short, LFC's business department is top-notch with great professors. Additionally, there are many opportunities/resources to help business students succeed.

Kesey

Lake Forest College is a small school about forty-five minutes from Chicago. The school's proximity to the city is one of it's largest draws and allows for students to easily access internships and networking opportunities. The class sizes usually range between twelve and thirty students, with introductory courses typically being larger than electives and advanced courses. The majority of the professors are extremely passionate about teaching and their areas of expertise. The professors are eager to work one-on-one with students and try to form bonds with them. Outside of academics, there are many clubs, sports teams, and other organizations that are active on campus. Lake Forest College is a Division III school, and a large number of students are on sports teams. There are also intramural sports, but they are not well advertised. Greek life is fairly involved on campus, and often hosts parties and philanthropy events that the entirety of the student body is welcome to participate in. Other organizations on campus, such as academic journals and cultural groups, aren't as public with their activities but are definitely active. Though some of these groups are relatively cliquey, by no means does one need to join a group to make friends. Overall, the school is academically strong, provides many career advancement opportunities, and offers many organizations for students to pursue their goals and make friends.

Ileana

I think Lake Forest College is a good option for those looking for a small campus. It allows for close connections to be made between professors and students and allows for better recognition in smaller classes. It also allows for students to connect without being overwhelmed by meeting so many new people. It is easy to find people you recognize on campus and make connections.