Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lancaster Bible College

Jeremy

If I were to go back in time and visit myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself that is ok to be unsure of your future. Not only is it ok to go into school undeclared, but it is also not shameful to attend a community college for awhile before you discover more out about yourself. Rushing into a major and a school you are unsure about is unwise. Not only may you be wasting several years of your life but you may also be throwing away money. If you are unsure about what you should do than spend some time discovering who you are and what you like to do. What drives you? What motivates you to do better? What things in this world anger you or draw you to tears? Chances are that if you answer all of these questions then you will be much more sure about where your future lies.

Lancaster Bible College is perfect for a person pursuing a career in ministry or more knowledge in the area of Bible. The Bible and theology knowledge that you will learn is essential and well taught. The faculty in the Christian Ministry Leadership Department are the most personable and grounded professors you will ever meet. They have a strong passion for they do and have years and years of experience in their fields.

Lancaster Bible College, while it does offer other fields besides ministry and Bible, does not have the best reputation for these areas such as Arts & Sciences. While some of my classes in these programs have been beneficial and the professors have been great, the overall quality is not quite where it should be and it may be hard to find a career in these areas after you graduate.

Julie

My classmates at college are the most encouraging, joyful, helpful and happiest people i have ever met.

I would definitely have to manage my time better with school and work, because with doing both things during the school year it's really hard to manage my time to get everything done, but all i need to do is take a step back, breathe and relax and everything will fall into place at some point or another. Never stress the small stuff or will not go anywhere with you're college career. Get the required amount of sleep, without sleep i will be restless in classes and won't be able to remember the information i learned but also won't be able to focus. Trying my best is what most important. No one can ask for more.

At Lancaster Bible College we are a family and help each other with every struggle and hardship that comes our way.

My classmates are very friendly and willing to get to know new people; although they care a lot about their academic studies, relationships with others are also a very high priority.

If I could go back and give advice about college to myself as a high school senior, the thing that I would stress the most is to get organized before the semester begins. I know from experience that if you do not have a system going into your classes, it is so much harder to start one once the work begins. It is really helpful to have organizational methods in place so that you don't have to worry about what is due when--instead, you can simply look at your calender or date book, and as long as you keep up with the work, you won't be too overwhelmed. Also, time management is really important. In high school, it was fairly easy to keep up by doing homework in homeroom or in the class before, but in college, it is vital that you pay attention in each class so as not to miss any information. As a result, doing the reading ahead of time and staying on pace with homework is a necessity.

Someone who is either an active Christian or who wants to grow in their relationship with God. Also, students who attend should be academically minded and be dedicated to getting their schoolwork done. One's goal should not only be to graduate and enter into a career, but to enter into ministry and to serve others around them no matter what they are doing.

Michelle

Our school is best known for its academics, sports, and music programs. We have amazing professors that truly care about the students. Our sports programs are fantastic and we have an excellent music program.

I wouldn't change anything that I already did. In high school, I worked hard and made school a priority. My goal was to keep my grades up so that I could get into a good college. This work ethic has helped me so much in college! The change felt natural and I was fully prepared. I also am glad that I focused on friendship in high school. When I graduated, I had a core group of friends who were there to hold me accountable and be there for me. Having strong friendships made the transition into college a lot easier because I was walking alongside my peers who were experiencing the same thing I was. Taking academics seriously in high school will help you take college classes seriously as well. I feel as though I was fully prepared for college.

The worst thing about my school is the cafeteria food. It isn't terrible, but it could definitely be a lot better!

Deanna

You need to pick a school where you feel academically challenged, you can immediately be actively involved in the community, and you are comfortable with your personality. One of the most important parts of college is learning to live with a roommate. Put aside judgment and expectations of others. Your roommate may not be your best friend, but she still deserves respect, courtesy, and a chance to be herself. You cannot put unreasonable expectations on her. Stay to your convictions because there is opportunity to give them up. I have so many friends who sold out in their first year. College is absolutely about academics and earning a degree, but it is an amazing socializing agent. Having the life skill of socializing appropriately is nearly as vital as the education you gain. Most of all, trust God to provide for all of your needs. This is a very important decision in your life. God will direct you where He needs you to be, and He will work through you wherever you choose.

The best part of my school is the communtiy and focus on God. The people here are absolutely amazing, students and faculty alike. I love the way that people treat each other here, and the genuine caring environment. It is also a very accountable community because it is so small. God really is at the center eof everything here, which is perfect because they don't call it Bible college for nothing.

I think the worst part about my school is that lack of science and math curriculum here. It is not a weakness considering the main purpose and mission of the school, but for my particular interests, I would like to see more of it. The school is not extremely content-driven, which is hard for me because that is how I learn best.

Beth

Take CLEP tests! You are studying math, history and english right now so it's fresh in your mind, get those classes out of the way for cheap. Also, keep your options open. Going to college later in life is hard, and although a lot of good things have come from those years of working it would have been so nice to be under the parent's insurance and not paying for the car and phone. Just keep your head up, study each opportunity and pray that God will be with you in each decision you make. Don't go about life being selfish and thinking about today, live for your future and make decisions for tomorrow. And don't make the mistake of thinking you have to work a job you dislike forever, you can make a living doing what you love, even if you aren't the best in the field, you have amazing talents! Be yourself and live with passion!

The amazing worship and performing arts program! They have a very unique department with many majors that aren't offered at other schools and it's great to be able to double major in Bible and get a great foundation for being a Christian artist.

Brittainy

There are so many thing that I would love to tell myself if I could go back in time. One) I would let myself know to apply for college scholarships while I was young, get involved in lots of community service and talk to guidance counselors a lot to help me determine what to take in college. Two) I would tell myself to not worry so much about boys, or hanging out with friends and to really focus on school, because all those distractions will keep you from achieving amazing things. Three) Take the opportunity to travel, study abroad, learn new things and have a little fun, you are only young once. And Lastly, don't be discouraged. Try subjects that will challenge you and keep focused. Before you know it you will be done with school, so don't not go for a career because of how long it takes. With all the time I have been in school, I could have been a lawyer already. Try not to take any semester breaks, because it gets increasingly harder to go back to school and you also start to forget what you have learned. Trust me I know from experience.

keivon

When I first started out in high school I wasn’t the best student or the most attentive. For two of my school years I played with my future by having a nonchalant attitude and a more focus on my appearance rather than school work itself. Now that I’m in college I have opened a new door to many things in my life, the atmosphere isn’t focused on appearance everyone in college is goal-oriented. If I could have just 30 minutes to talk with my high school self and give him “for future advice” I would tell him to stay focused, work hard, be true to you, and leave the outer appearance alone its only labyrinth that’s set up through your peers. I have a passion for music; singing has always been a hobby. I had plenty of opportunities to further my career in music, but I turned them around. I would tell the younger me to try out for American Idol, perform because practice makes perfect, and perfection makes you successful.

Neal

Its senior year in high school and as the final bell rang one afternoon I found myself heading toward my locker when suddenly I recoiled back in shock as I discovered an older version of myself starring back at me. “I’ve come back to give you some advice.” the older me stated. “The first thing you need to do is to wipe that smug attitude off yourself. As soon as you get to college you’re going to suddenly realize that maybe you don’t know as much as you thought you did. When you move into the dorm you are going to have to figure out what you believe in and what you stand for, because there are as many different opinions as there are stars in the sky and people are going to challenge you. Finally, you need to realize that college is not about your pride in academics, or honors, but it’s about being able to help others through what you have learned. It’s about giving something back.” Suddenly I found myself alone again awith those last words ringing in my ears, wondering if this had all just been a dream.

Lancaster Bible College is certainly not your party school or frat house. As the name suggests this is a Bible college and only persons serious about their faith and religion should consider going here. That being said this college boasts a wide variety of people from all walks of life including; musicians, artists, preachers and teachers. If you are the kind of person who is perhaps a little on the conservative side, likes community service and outreach and a place to belong, then this is the place for you. God Bless.

One of the most frustrating things about my college is not the institution itself; but rather in the attitudes of some of the people that attend it. A good majority of incoming freshmen and even some transfer students never seem to get past that initial “it’s all about me” complex. Yes I know that college is supposed to be fun and exciting but there is a time when we must look to others needs and not our own. It is this egotism and disregard for others that can make even the best college at times seem frustrating indeed.

Lancaster Bible College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.